sakura8739
Things that are better if you are older

It seems like learning language is better done in youth.

As they do in language learning, young people under 30 years old have more advantages in many things both physically and mentally.

Tell me things in which an older person has an advantage over a younger one, or that an older person is better at.

Jan 5, 2014 5:52 AM
Comments · 12

I don't know about everyone else but I think I am much more relaxed and happier with my life and others as an older person.I don't get so annoyed about things that happen to me in my life.I am more confident in my interactions with others. I think I am more patient and take things slower.So I think that makes me better in many ways,as a driver,as a parent and maybe also as a teacher.I think I am more understanding,I certainly have more experience of life and in dealing with difficult situations.

October 24, 2014

Adults over 30 are likely to be better drivers.  Perhaps better cooks, too...?

I've been reading that the current 20-somethings have shorter attention spans.  If so, then perhaps older adults may be better at activities needing prolonged periods of patience, such as chess or hunting.

January 5, 2014

I agree with Ruthi. I'm also much more relaxed and happier than I when I was younger. We old folks don't 'sweat the small stuff' in the way that younger people do. When you're in your teens and twenties, the slightest setback, rejection or insult can feel like the end of the world. We've all been there! But as you get older, you get more perspective on life, you take a longer view, and these things don't matter so much. The more experience you have, the more balanced view of life you have.

October 24, 2014

Teaching is something that older you are, better you do (in theory).

October 24, 2014

I'm 42 - I feel that my priorities are clearer, my perspective is wiser and I tend to see the big picture more easily.

October 24, 2014
Show more