Afie
Budaya antri

I have been wondering about this for a long time, but never had bravery to express it before people especially outsiders. This thing rose when my friend told me that when she was queuing up at the airport, and at the same time some women rushing then stood right in front of two English men (it means that they took those men's turn). Unintentionally, she heard one of those men saying "typical of Indonesian".

Then, my question is "Do western people in the rural area (I mean villages) have this quality called "line up/queue up" as well as the people who live in the city?"

I hope you can share your thoughts or, if you have some experience about this, or if you have lived in western countries, please share with me. I'm looking forward to hearing from you all. Thanks in advance ^^

Apr 2, 2014 11:32 AM
Comments · 2

@xarmanla

Yes, sometimes it happens to me too.  

April 2, 2014

I dislike the entire concept of forming lines. I teach school and I am forever telling the students not to care if someone cuts in front of them. I appreciate self serve and I tend to do business in ways I avoid lines. When I drive I'd sooner pay to use a tollway than compete with others for the congested toll free lanes. 

April 2, 2014