PhilipZyg
Learning Article : Learning French Through Movies: Le Cinéma De François Ozon

Discuss the Article : Learning French Through Movies: Le Cinéma De François Ozon

<a href='/article/214/learning-french-through-movies-le-cinema-de-francois-ozon' target='_blank'>Learning French Through Movies: Le Cinéma De François Ozon</a>

Learning foreign languages through movies is a useful way of studying a language while also picking up bits and pieces of the country’s culture and history. Here we discuss the works of François Ozon, whose works will undoubtedly help you in learning the French language…

Aug 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 10

Si, on peut trouver "Potiche" sur Amazon - "watch instantly"

Je suis en train de regarder le film avec les sous-titres en anglais.  C'est drôle!

(S'il vous plaît, corrige-moi si c'est necessaire, et c'est tjrs necessaire!)

September 19, 2014

I watch my favorite American TV shows in French. I've seen The Office a million times in English, so when I watch it in French I know what's going on, and a lot of times when I don't understand the French I know what they said anyways. This makes it easier for me becaues I'm able to focus on learning French rather than trying to follow the show. Since it's my favorite show it's motivation too!

August 13, 2014

@ Jamey: je pense que c'est plus intéressant de voir le film avec les sous-titres en français.

September 24, 2014

Is there a place to find these films online? Thanks!

August 16, 2014

I absolutely agree that movie is helpful to learn a language. Also got started with series and movie to learn English and it's still going on.
In fact, one of my favorite French director is François Ozon, and like watching his works. My favorite one is "Le temps qui reste". When I watched that, I couldn't do anything but just keep watching it over and over again. Everything was perfect, I wanted to enjoy the moment. So I love staying for a while even the ending credits roll at the cinema. His films are quite drastic and diverse, also he tells directly the story that we hesitate to talk about. That's why I love his films, but there are pros and cons. One of my friends doesn't like his style. 
FYI, I'd also like to recommend Jean-Pierre Jeunet's film. His all works are just wow! :)

August 5, 2014
Show more