Gio
Curiosity. For English speakers ;)

Curiosity. For English speakers (US; UK; CAN and those who dominate English very well)
Since you talk English already what is the language you are trying to learn and what is the main reasons you are doing it? Business, get a job, pleasure, study, love, other.

PS: Honestly my first reason is to get a job. I live in Italy but it seems that speak Italian, Spanish and Portuguese is not enough currently.

Aug 24, 2014 12:05 PM
Comments · 15

Dave, 12 times in times in Mexico Cool! In my opinion if you have the opportunity to visit often a Spanish-speaking country you'll spend less time to become more Latin than il Chapo. :) good luck
Spangola, I agree with you. Last Christmas I visited Germany and I knew a beautiful woman unfortunately my German was terrible, I guess it would have been quite different if I had been able to say, at least, "hi you're pretty".
Anthony, Florence is an awesome city there are a lot of US citizens, the bad thing is the cost of living which is high. I've finished the college here. Let me know if you need some tips. Que chevere que hables espanol. Hace como 5 anos que no voy por sud America. Curiosidad: Son espanoles o Latinos Las personas con quien trabajas? Saluti!

August 24, 2014

I'm started learning Korean because I was curious to learn an Asian language, but I've come to love the language and enjoy the culture and people as well. 

I study Spanish because I think it is a useful language to know. It is also a beautiful and exciting language. 

August 24, 2014

Ciao Gio, in the public schools in New Jersey, where my daughter just graduated from, the students have a choice of, Spanish, Italian, French and German to study as a second language. The daughter choose Italian, and she wants to study in Florence next year.

I'm learning Spanish because I work with many native Spanish speakers. I decided to add French because it sounds so beautiful.

August 24, 2014

I want to learn other languages besides English because I love travelling, I'm fascinated by other countries, cultures, and people.

In Ireland there's a saying: Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Whilst I don't speak Irish I totally agree with the sentiment, and I think the same can be said for all countries. Personally, I wouldn't want to travel to a foreign country without having the most basic command of the language.

August 24, 2014

I want to learn Spanish because it seems I am continually visiting Spanish speaking countries.  I've been to Mexico almost a dozen times (going again in December), Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and I plan to spend winters down south in a couple of years.  So I've got a 2-5 year plan to become "fluent".  No idea what fluent means to others but to me it means that I can confidently speak to Spanish speaking people, understand what they're saying & get my point across.  I find that learning the language gives me the feeling of preparing for the trips, and makes the trips more fulfilling.

August 24, 2014
Show more