Alex
Stereotypes in your country?

Being from Miami, when I talk to people on here everyone thinks that I hang out at the beach all day with my swim suit on, and every single girl around here is a 10. Furthermore since I'm a American, everyone thinks americans can be lazy and fat. Especially since we have so much fast food. What are some stereotypes of your country? And what is your country actually like?

-Alex.

P.S. Miami is actually a really cool place filled with art and creativity, and while the beach is a big tourist attraction it is not the whole city.

Aug 24, 2014 6:15 PM
Comments · 34

Actually people think that we "Arabs" are still living in the desert & camels are our main transportations ;) And if they wana visit my country "Jordan" for example, they fear the war in Syria & Iraq, thinking that all these countries are one;) I assure them each Arab country is very different than the other, with it's own culture & traditions.

August 24, 2014

Ben: Actually this  is not a stereotype since this is true. In fact if an Italian was abducted, kidnappers wouldn't need to tape his mouth but only his hands. He wouldn't be able to scream without his hands free.

August 25, 2014

People think that Russian people every day drink vodka. That isn't true. There are a lot of people in my country who don't like alcohol and make sports every day.

I hope it's just a joke that people think that we have bears at home. Yes, I have 11 toy-bears,it's my collection :D

August 24, 2014

Stereotypes about Chinese/China:

Chinese ppl look alike

hard worker

good at maths

eat everything that moves

kungfu

product "made in China", low price and bad quality. 

etc

August 25, 2014

I'm dying from laughing. Guys your answers are funny. Belgium-boring,   Spanish-siesta, Arabs-go in camel,  French-baguette and wine, Russian-vodka drinkers. Well I live in Italy and I think is not necessary stress what Italian are best know... Mafia and pizza eaters.

August 24, 2014
Show more