nada
what you think of learn language through songs?

many people recommend learn a foreign language through songs
but I watch video to english teacher his name A.J. Hoge. he have many courses to learn english through stories, he Confirms that learning the language through songs a big mistake and unsuccessfully
so what you think of learn language through songs?
and what your way of learn from songs? what your foreign language that you learned by that way?.

Aug 26, 2014 8:18 PM
Comments · 72

When I see any comments from you steve I know that the discussion level dropped.

August 31, 2014

steve

I don't want to add anything to you. you know and I know what to aimed of your comments so kept discussion about learning language and the way to learn through songs I didn't ask what is your favorite song so please stop here and don't add anything.

August 31, 2014

@Nada: I saw most of A.J Hoge vedios and I think he has a point. You could listen to song but you can't learn language just by song. I rather  podcast instead of song. But I listen to song from time to time . I recomand this site for you

http://www.eslpod.com/website/index_new.html

Here, you could find hundered of podcasts about different topics and with very clear English.

August 31, 2014

so what you think of learn language through songs?

It's not for me, your mileage may vary.  Quite often the grammar in songs is not grammar that I want to emulate.  There are many questions on italki that I've seen asking questions about grammar used in English music that is hard to explain, is not something you should copy & if often indistinguishable from English.  Of course that means that the effectiveness the use of songs to study a language is dependent upon the quality of the songs used.  But newcomers to a language are not necessarily able to discern what is a good example of  grammar in a song vs. a bad example.  I prefer to read books, news articles and speak in order to learn a language.

August 29, 2014

I am making you quite aware right here & now that I don’t desire further input from you so there is no need to comment. You are quoting a discussion that was similarly beaten to death in the manner that this one is. That thread was removed by italki management. I would take that as a hint that they do not approve of these argumentative discussions where proof of opinions are demanded but you may feel differently about why that thread is gone. Needless to say, you are quoting a thread that cannot be independently viewed by anyone reading this discussion as it is gone. The fact that you seem to have copied the contents of a deleted thread speaks volumes about your priorities here, your methods & the lengths you’re willing to go to to prove yourself right. The fact that you’re using a thread where you continuously disparaged a 10 year old girl to support your opinion now and that you’re using this girl as an example of good methodology in learning a language further shows that your only interest is winning the “debate”.

I apologize to the italki forum for airing this dirty laundry publicly but I want to go on record with my dislike for the argumentative methods that some people use. I recognize my participation in past events has not helped & I am done wit that. I am forwarding this message to the italki management as well as flagging this discussion

August 30, 2014
Show more