Bill Zhou(周军)
Anyone intersting in Bible? Any native speaker intersting in reading Bible?

I'm learning Bible with the Candle Classic Bible book. It includes 365 stories with illustrations. There are a lot of names,relationships and palces. It's boring to me to read it alone at night. Many new words to me. I have to stop from time to time to look up word and write it down.

I hope to find some people learning it together. Furtherly if any native speaker is glad to read and explain it, that's would great.

Aug 29, 2014 9:22 AM
Comments · 28

If you were to be fascinated by fictional characters who are bloodthirsty, condescending, egotistical, genocidal, homophobic, homicidal, infanticidal, maniacal, malicious, naive, racist and self-righteous, then you should find many stories in the Bible to be interesting; because there are many Biblical characters, including the supreme deity character in the Bible, who are bloodthirsty, condescending, egotistical, genocidal, homophobic, homicidal, infanticidal, maniacal, malicious, naive, racist and self-righteous.  If stories about genocide, infanticide, sexism, slavery and violence were to make you feel depressed or upset, then I would suggest that you don't read most of the stories in the Bible.  In fact, many stories as told in the Bible can't be depicted on television because of their graphically-violent content.

August 29, 2014

We are here to study languages not religion.

August 30, 2014

Violations include: spam (advertisements), harassment, hate speech, sexual content, political or religious discussions, intellectual property violations, threats, impersonation or misrepresentation, phishing, privacy violations, fraud, and more.

August 29, 2014

The creation story in the bible has been scientifically proven false.

According to the Bible, 1,948 years elapsed from the creation of Adam until the birth of Abraham ( Genesis ) , then 529 years elapsed from Abraham's birth until the Ten Commandments were written ( Genesis 17:1-4) , ( Galatians 3:17). 480 years passed after this time until King Solomon's Temple was built during the fourth year of his rule in Jerusalem. ( 1 Kings 6:1 ) According to the Bible, Solomon ruled Israel for another 36 years afterwards, and several other kings ruled Jerusalem all together for 333 years after Solomon until the Babylonian siege of Jerusalem in 587 BC. ( Kings 1 and 2 ) Thus, the Biblical date of creation for life on Earth was 5,925 years ago. According to the Bible, trees were created one day before sunlight, and three days before Adam. ( Genesis 1:11-31 ) Bristlecone pine trees in the Great Basin of North America always grow an annual ring each year. Tree ring counting and radiocarbon 14 dating have determined the oldest living tree is 4,844 years old. Other fallen trees preserved in this ancient forest have been determined to exist almost 9,000 years ago. <a href="http://www.sonic.net/bristlecone/dendro.html">http://www.sonic.net/bristlecone/dendro.html</a>;

The Bible is proven false, because trees existed 3,000 years before the Bible says that any trees were created.

August 29, 2014

The global flood as described in the Bible could not have possibly happened. The Book of Genesis does say that 1,556 years elapsed from the creation of Adam until the Flood.  Using the same Biblical time date references as already mentioned, this would have put the time that Noah's Flood had happened at about 4,370 years ago, yet scientist have found living trees that have lived for 4,845 years.  The Bible says that the highest mountains were covered deep in water, and all life on Earth was destroyed except for the life in the Ark, so then the Flood must have been globally catastrophic.  So how do scientist find trees that are still alive and were also alive over 400 years before the Flood?  It's logical to conclude that the global Flood as described in the Bible could not have possibly happened.

August 29, 2014
Show more