keti
The verb interfere

Please write in comments your centences with verb interfere.

in Macmillan dictionary there are only one meaning of this verb, however my English- Russian dictionary translate it in different way

Aug 31, 2014 9:30 AM
Comments · 6

I do not wish to interfere  with your English studies or Russian studies.

I intend to interfere  with   that idea.    There seems to be some interference.

That is interfering with my  Internet.    How will that interfere with what we need to do?

That is not going to interefere with our effort.    I hope this will not interefere with your activity.

August 31, 2014

I think interfere has only one real meaning, and it always means "to get in between" two things and block or impede them.

"Go ahead and do whatever you like--as long as it doesn't interfere with what I want to do."

"[Come with me.] I have already arranged what is to occur. There is only one point on which I must insist. You must not interfere, come what may."

"It was none of my business. I have no right to interfere in his life."

"Swollen adenoids can interfere with breathing through the nose."

"In an interference engine, the valves depend on the timing belt to keep them out of the way of the pistons, and if the timing belt breaks the engine is destroyed instantly."

August 31, 2014

Yes  Keti,  I think you understand it correctly.

I would never do anything to interfere with your understanding.

I sometimes want to interfere with a misunderstanding of some subject.

I hope you will not suppose that I wish to interfere in your personal affairs, but I want to help.

It  could be that  you would interfere with those people if you do try to help.

Let us not interefere  on that matter.    I will not be offended if you did interfere, because something must be done.

August 31, 2014

Do the Russian translations have very different meanings, or are they broadly similar in meaning? Perhaps Russian just has many synonyms. If they are very different, why not give some examples of how your Russian dictionary says you can use the word. Then we can tell you if your sentences make sense. However, as a general rule, you should trust a good quality monolingual dictionary.

August 31, 2014

Thanks Dan for you comment.

Well, now I try to rerwrite your  sentence - "Go ahead and do whatever you like--as long as it doesn't impede me."

"It was none of my business. I have no right to do anything to change their life.

In fact, in Russian we use two different words. - мешать и вмешиваться

August 31, 2014
Show more