Halls
Ready to learn and will to teach/help in return Hello, I am new here and seeking for help with learning Japanese! I really want to be an English teacher there someday and from what I've seen, it would be beneficial to learn some! Plus I am really interested in the language. I am a beginner, seriously I only know like on sentence, some words, and A,I,U,E,O in Hirigana. So if anyone thinks they can help me/teach me I can possibly help them with their English or French if they are learning that! Thanks a bunch!
Aug 31, 2014 5:45 PM
Comments · 1

I am not interested in a language partner right now, but I can give you some tips of how I learned my Japanese. My credentials (if they count, he) is that I can chat and talk almost fluently, and I've been studying for about a year.
This is how I did, it's two simple steps:
1) Study grammar, hiragana and super-basic vocabulary for X number of months; 2-6, I would say, depending on how hard you study
2) Throw yourself head-first into Japanese culture, IN JAPANESE. For me, that meant anime, music, chatting to lots of people on italki, and even translating some English songs into Japanese.
Anything specific you're wondering about, just ask ; )
Cheers

August 31, 2014