user45846
Portuguese students

Hello everything ok?

I'm curiosity about what you feel about Portuguese language.

1- What Portuguese are you learn, the standard or the colloquial?
2- What you like more about the language?
3- Where do you feel most difficulties?
4- What do you think is more easy?
5- Why you started learn Portuguese?
6- What did you think about Portuguese language?

Sep 1, 2014 2:22 PM
Comments · 14

I think that Portuguese is a very interesting language. However, there are quite significant variations between Brazilian Portuguese and the standard language spoken in Portugal. This can make it difficult to understand people when they do not speak the same type of Portuguese that you have learnt.

I very much like the way that the language sounds different to other Romance Languages as well as the fact that speaking and understanding the language can allow me to understand the culture.

September 1, 2014

1- I am learning any kind of Portuguese.
2- I like the sound.
3- Understanding the accent.
4- The similarity with Spanish.
5- Because it is very similar to Spanish.
6- I think it is a beautifully sounding language.

September 1, 2014

1- Brazilian Portuguese, and would like to know the slang of the Goiania area
2- I like the people that speak it!
3- The all the verb tenses and understanding native speakers
4- Pronounciation as there is a sent sound for each letter or combination of letters
5- Brazilian friends and then Brazilian wife and her family
6- I am finding my progress frustratingly slow

September 11, 2014

It all depends on your purpose -- are you interested in the music, climate and culture of Portugal, Brazil, Mazambique? Is it for fun or for job opportunities? Btw, Here in Costa Rica, there is a high demand for Brazilian Portuguese in the call center industry, even though Portuguese is relatively easy for Spanish speakers to learn, it pays off when you get your salary.

In terms of "it sounds nice," be aware that the difference in "sound" between European and Brazilian is like night and day (To my ear, European Portuguese sounds like Russian, while Brazilian sounds like Polish -- that is, they don't have the same "sound" at all).

If you're learning it for theoretical, philological purposes, that's yet another question.

September 1, 2014

Matt I'm sure you will do it easy :) don't worry the beginner is allways hard but after the beginner level you will improve a lot

September 11, 2014
Show more