ayu
how about changing the major?

The goal of our life is Happiness, righ? so, when my heart tells me that I will be happy with another major. I am so thankful for my major right now, but i do know that I'm not happy. some people said I should continoue my degree in the same major, but if I do itIi really know I will not be different like a robot which do the function without heart. but if I change the major, I don't find people who support me. or should I take dual degree? studying 2 majors at the same time?

would you give me some advises or opinions? please friend, i really need it. thank you so much in advance

Sep 3, 2014 1:48 AM
Comments · 3

If your heart is telling you that you would be happier with another major, you should probably listen to it. I changed my major twice and have zero regrets. I can't imagine going through life employed in the field of my first major. Don't listen to the people telling you to stay. It is your life, not theirs. Make the switch and don't look back.

September 3, 2014

K P :

my major now is engineering, and 'another major' I wanna take doesn't has anyrelation with engineering, it's about social, counseling. and when I tried to tell about it, people told me that I will get job with my engineering degree and my 'social' degree in counseling won't help me in financial. the point is the degree I wanna take is useless and will be in vain (is it correct grammar?)

but, in counseling I find my self who never get tired or boring at all. it's like I full of power inside and I don't know where from I get the the big spirit. I just feel my soul is complete as a human. That's all. But if I take it, I really feel be selfish one. people around me, they expect too much.

Walter_mellon:

thank you very very much! You give me a lot spirit and make me believe more about my decision. in fact, you support me.

I have difficult choices. if I don't change my major, absolutely I know I won't live happily in all my life, but if I change, I will be so selfish for people around me because they expect too much.

thank's walter :)

September 4, 2014

Aya, I don't know how sincere you are, but the way you've put it -  you just have no other choise.
But there're still a couple of important questions.
What is your major now and what 'another major'  you're talking about? Why wouldn't you find 'the people who support'??

Well, a lot of my friends (I'm not an exception) either changed their specialties or have two degrees:)
In some developed countries education is pretty long process. Sometimes it's completed somewhere well in your 30's.

September 3, 2014