Rodolfo
Learning Article : Learning A Foreign Language: Understanding Lexical Categories

Discuss the Article : Learning A Foreign Language: Understanding Lexical Categories

<a href='/article/242/learning-a-foreign-language-understanding-lexical-categories' target='_blank'>Learning A Foreign Language: Understanding Lexical Categories</a>

Add Lexical Categories to your language hacking toolkit and study smarter. I'll explain both linguistic and psychological aspects of lexical categories with examples from English, and you can use these versatile ideas to learn any language...

Sep 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 11

The complete article is located at this link. It contains detailed suggestions on how to approach study.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/espanol-libros/Learning+a+Foreign+Language.pdf

September 9, 2014

Very interesting and enlightening article.
Based on your experience as a teacher and with reference to what you wrote in this piece about the linguistic areas and maps, what are the best ways to cope with this particular issue in order to make our own learning process more effective?

Thank you, Gianluca.

September 4, 2014

Very good and useful article .

September 3, 2014

Great, So how do you teach it? How do you engage the learner so that they understand and want to change their thought patterns to use this information?

I am not saying you are wrong but I am not sure how this information can achieve a benefit to those wanting to communicate with others in many different fields. That is what we are all here for. Me included.

A non native speaker attempting to give me information with limited grammar is much more important than perfection in an un-perfect language. English was very successful because it incorporates other languages ( I say sorry to the French. English was very lazy when it came to your language) and if you look at many Asian Languages now they use broken English. Tegalog is a very good example. Singaporean (let you mind run wild) is also another very good example. In Thai today many people use Moto for a Mobile phone. It came from, you guessed it Motorola.

So i am here to learn. As an Australian we get so many things wrong. We really need to listen and question those  non native speakers using English. Not because we are better than them but because they are trying to use our language. The more they communicate the more i learn. That is why i am a teacher. To learn and give others the ability to teach me. Education is not a commodity for sale.

Have fun

T Mark

January 19, 2017
Thanks for useful and deep research!
December 15, 2016
Show more