JUAN CAMILO
Learning Article : Sound Like A Native Speaker: 19 Spanish Idioms

Discuss the Article : Sound Like A Native Speaker: 19 Spanish Idioms

<a href='/article/243/sound-like-a-native-speaker-19-spanish-idioms' target='_blank'>Sound Like A Native Speaker: 19 Spanish Idioms</a>

“How can I sound more like a native speaker?” Knowing a few idiomatic expressions will help you pull it off. If you want to go to Colombia, Peru, Bolivia or Venezuela, you will enjoy this article, and you can say to yourself, "Al son que me toquen bailo"!

Sep 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 20

''Tirar la casa por la ventana'' isn't only about parties, it rather means that you ''no escatimas en gastos'', you don't hold back when spending money, you aren't stingy. For example, you can say ''Rosa tiró la casa por la ventana con la boda de su hija''.

September 25, 2014

la 7,9,16,17 aren't used in Spain..

2: Ser uña y carne (in spain)

if you use 7,9,16,17 in spain people won't understand you... I'm spanish from spain and I didn't undersand them

October 9, 2014

I really appreciate the time and the offer that you put for this article,  really interesting and useful.

Gracias Juan

July 22, 2016

¡Hola! Buen aporte, pero deberías especificar en qué países se usan estas expresiones, y qué variaciones hay dependiendo del país, como comentó la muchacha de España.

January 31, 2015

Hola el articulo fue muy interasante,yo soy de Perú y usamos las mismas frases a excepción de la numero 7. "Tirar paso", en mi país es más usual decir la frase.“Tirar un paso”. 

January 4, 2015
Show more