Puneet
How to remember new vocabs easily?

Please share your views..

Sep 10, 2014 1:53 AM
Comments · 12

I think the best way is to try and use newly learnt words in your speech. Even if it feels a bit awkward or forced at first try to find a way to include them. After a while they will fit into your speech more naturally and you will begin to use them without even thinking about it :)

September 11, 2014

I like Jessie's idea. I think that the most important way to learn a language is to use it. Unfortunately, it's hard to "mark" a conversation. So it's harder for you to know if you're advancing. So how do you know if you're learning? Simply by recognition and use. 

I would take only 10 words a week. Yes, only 10 a week, and make it your goal to use those words in conversation and in email. It's important to learn them in context. Write emails to yourself if you have no one to write to! Just learning the words by themselves without any context will allow you to recognize the word but not to use it. 

Keep a "vocabulary box" (an old shoe box) and when you've finished the words for the week, write example sentences on them and put them in the box. The next week, choose 10 new words and 2 random words from your box. That way you're challenging yourself to learn new words and remember the ones you've already learned. 

After a few weeks you can challenge yourself to add phrases and expressions as well. Where to find the words and expressions? Look for news articles, other people's work, and social media for examples. 

Best of luck!

September 11, 2014

To practice all of them in speaking is a favorable manner I may suggest you.

September 10, 2014

I have asked about this matter many times before.

and until now I have got some steps.

You can use all of them, or some of them, It's up to you.

1 - Anki ( Flash cards ).

3 - Movies and reading.

4 - Use the new words in a context.

5 - Make your own dictionary.

Hope that helps.

September 22, 2014

To use them. For me that's the only way. The idea is to  find out, why this particular word is useful and how/what/why I should use it.

September 22, 2014
Show more