[Deleted]
Please Recommend novels to read and to improve my english, Thanks.

Please recommend to me novels to read and to improve my english.
I would like to read interesting novels, adventurous novels, funny novels.
I like series.

I like light novels.

I don't like long and heavy and the literary novels.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 16, 2014 2:03 PM
Comments · 8

Really thanks for all recommendations.
I really appreciate all.

September 16, 2014

I used to love "Goosebumps" books! They are scary stories, about 50-60 books in total I think, but you can try reading any.  

For something funny you could try "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" - a series of books about the daily life of a middle school boy.  Start with the first book.

"The Worst Witch" was also quite good, about a young witch at witch school who is a bit clumsy And adventurous.

I recently read "Charlotte's Web" with a student which they seemed to enjoy, it's about the friendship between a little pig and someone called Charlotte.

Another series, "The Nancy Drew Files" is about a teenage girl who solves mysteries, it's a detective series with a bit of adventure.

These books are all aimed at younger readers (teens) so they're light and not too long.  I loved and still love all of them.

Take a look at them and if you think they're not what you want, I'll try to think of some more.

Happy reading!

September 16, 2014

Or, if you feel confident, try books from Goosebumps. They use simple English and are entertaining.

September 16, 2014

I think it would entirely depend on your English level.  If you don't have much experience reading in English, then I agree with the others that starting with short stories might be better than taking on a whole novel in a foreign language. 

I also think though that if you like reading, try reading some books that you have already read in your language translated in English.  Likewise, you could read in English now something you have already read translated like Harry Potter, or Twilight... Books written for teens/ young adults are a good place to start too. 

September 16, 2014

I read Animorphs when I was a kid, and re-read the series last year just for nostalgia. The language is very simple and the novels are aimed at small children and young teenagers, but I still enjoyed the plot when I read them as an adult (even though they were often extremely cheesy). There are about forty books and they are all available online for free.

I liked reading Deltora Quest when I was a kid. In fact, the first Deltora Quest book (the Forests of Silence) was the first full novel I ever read - when I was six years old I borrowed it from the school library, started reading it when I got home and finished it before going to bed. I think there are about a dozen books in total.

I started reading Anthony Horrowitz's Alex Rider series (beginning with Stormbreaker) and Power of Five (beginning with Raven's Gate) at around the same age.

Matthew Reilly's novels are really aimed at young adults, but the language is simple enough that  Ice Station was the most popular novel in my class when I was about 9 or 10. I still read his novels and about three years ago I got my 50-year-old dad to start reading them and he loves them. The language is very simple and the plots aren't the most realistic (by a long shot), but they're enjoyable. He has a few standalone novels as well as a few series.

You can download free samples of novels on Amazon, which usually consists of the first few chapters. You could use that to help you decide which novels you like.

September 16, 2014
Show more