Dorothy
How many expressions in English can we think of that have to do with chickens?

After I got chickens I started to think about how many expressions/idioms/words there are in English that involve chickens. 

Let's each add just ONE expression each that involves a chicken and then use it in a sentence. 

I'll start:

Scratching out a living... which means to work really hard to make money little by living like what a chicken does in the dirt. A chicken scratches at the dirt all day looking for bugs to eat. 

Sentence... I'm tired of scratching out a living like this in my 9 to 5 job. I'm going to start my own business and try to make some real money. 

Sep 17, 2014 5:52 PM
Comments · 108

I tried to come up with a few, but I laid an egg.

September 17, 2014

Speaking about rooster and eggs. We used to have chickens and one rooster when I was a little kid. One day, my little brother went to their place and in somehow, he found one onion under the rooster so he believed that rooster give us a onion and when we asked him does the rooster give us eggs? he say no he give us onion O_o. It was hard to convence him that he found it by an accendent :) ...Magic age haha

September 19, 2014

How great! we have hen party here :D

September 18, 2014

Hi, Dorothy.

I remember you taught me one phrase called chicken shit and another I know is chicken out, meaning not being able to do something because of nervousness or fear.

September 19, 2014

I need to go out for a walk. I've been <em>cooped up</em> all day!

September 18, 2014
Show more