Katarin
Study abroad or Work,How do you choose?

If you're young ,If you have a nice work.

meanwhile,you want to see the world and feel the culture of the other countries as a International students.

But there is no one to support you,you only rely on your own. 

Obviously, that is a long way off,will you still insist on?

Sep 19, 2014 9:10 AM
Comments · 16

Been there done that…

After graduated from high school I continued my study overseas (supported by my family), after completed my study, I went back to Indonesia and worked (quite nice job; PR and Marketing staff for a good college). I felt like going back there after 3 years working in Indonesia, my target was to get a job there and I know it wouldn’t be easy but I decided to go anyway.

I had earned money from working, so this time I wanted to be fully independent financially (I didn’t ask my family to support me). Not so much money but I made sure it would cover all expenses needed which included:
1. Return airfare
2. Accommodation for three months
3. Living cost for three months
4. Tuition fee for some courses (I would have needed it to extent my stay if after 2 months I hadn’t got a permanent job, then I had to get a student visa).

When I got there, I searched for a permanent job immediately, but after 2 weeks there was no sign of result, so I decided to get part time jobs as waitress at a restaurant and as sales representative at some industrial exhibitions. After several times working at the exhibitions (about 1.5 months), I’ve become known among the participants (thanks to my respectful, responsible, hard working and easy going personality) then a company offered me to work for them as permanent employee.

That’s my story to share.... 

September 19, 2014

I think if you really want to travel, to learn a foreign language and another culture, at least you shoul try! You can always go back home if something gets wrong or you don't like it. 

October 1, 2014

I over the high school and I start work and was a good choose, because I have a nice job, but I want start study again in next year doing a course in the area I like, but I don't go to the university. You can have lucky or not, we study for we get a job for our future. The culture and the things you know you can always study and have private lessons, watch documentaries etc. Go to the college/university didn't make you more smart a lot of dumbs over the college and keep dumb because they just know talk about what they studied because they memorize. There is no question about your intelligence.

You need see the risk and if the risk is good enouph no one can take a decission for you. You need decide alone, and make sure you don't will regret later, sometimes there's no going back.

September 30, 2014

I didn't study abroad but I wish I had. If I could go back I would find an extra job and make money so that I can send myself abroad. I'm thinking of only short-term like one semester or summer study abroad.

Since I didn't study abroad I chose to work abroad for a couple of years but the experience is different. I would definitely recommend going abroad as a student - it's more fun and you can meet many new friends.

September 30, 2014

It depends on your own mindstate. If you want to live a life of ease, you should work in your own country, while if you want to broaden your vision, acquire a better education, learn more knowledge and eventually gain a better jof, then you should go abroad for a better education. 

I have worked in a state-own company in east China, and I really regret I choose to stay here instead of going abroad for a better education. Fortunately, I learn the some reality of working here not so late, so I am study English diligently these days and hope that I can go abroad for a better eudcation one day.

September 30, 2014
Show more