[Deleted]
Friendship

I love to make friends world wide that's why I am here on ITALKI . But you know here user are just accepting friend request to increase length of your friend list. They are not really interested in talking or sharing any good ideas. I hate such people. If you are making me your friend then talk me or otherwise unfriend me.

Sep 19, 2014 4:46 PM
Comments · 9

Really sanjeev? you really are here for friendship? 

How about when for the first time you messaging someone on italki that you don't know and you are writing "I want to kiss you babe" like you've written to me few days ago?

September 21, 2014

Part 2

I've had people write me some lovely things in English even though I'm not learning their language and surprising frienships have arisen... that's why I have a wait and see attitude. If you write something that isn't personal, complimentary or interesting and you aren't good language partner material, really, it's not very nice to waste other people's time by asking them to respond! For an English speaker, it can really add up. Please contact people that would make good 50/50 exchanges. You would be surprised how many messages I get for people just asking me to teach them even though they offer nothing in return, not even to say something except to ask for me to help them. In my culture, in case you didn't know, that is considered impolite.

I could care less how many people are my list, but I DO care to be nice and polite to people when they contact me, that's why I respond and friend them back. I've only asked a few people to be friends, the rest have contacted me and I've accepted. There's no harm with them being on my list.

September 19, 2014

I actually was wondering about it, too. Well, at least the first week on italki. I wrote to every person who followed me and didn`t say "hi" . So I decided to be the one who says "hi" first and who cares, if I see that someone follows me and if I decide to follow back it is also somehow my duty to show a certain interest in that user. But some of them didn`t show up (not even after 2,5 weeks lol). So yeah I stop following them and that`s it.

Some people told me that they don`t follow me to be actually "friends" or to exchange with me. They simply follow me because either they think it is "interesting" what I post in here or because they are interested in correcting my entries in the note book. I do understand these reasons. However, it feels strange to have a lot more followers than "friends". It is the first site I use which applies this follower system and yeah... it took me a while to accept that people simply follow you whatever reason it might be but that they don`t want to talk to you regularly. Feels still weird but yes it`s true as long as they don`t spam or do something nasty, who cares...let them follow you ....

See ya

September 19, 2014

Yes if it is not a problem then that is fine, if you do not want them to follow you then block them, it does not mean anything. If someone is a problem that is different, block them and report to italki.

Nice to meet you and have a good weekend 

September 19, 2014

Haha ok Dorothy. It happens a lot that people don`t read the profile. I think now everything is clear. I have no further doubts!

September 21, 2014
Show more