elle089
Brazilian soap opera. Any recommendations?

Ola!

Could anybody recommend a Brazilian soap opera, which could be useful in terms of language learning? I am just just a beginner, so I am looking for something easy and with Portuguese subtitles. 

Thank you, Elle

Sep 21, 2014 7:00 AM
Comments · 14

I watch brazilian telenovelas too. The language is quite simple, they repeat many times the same things ;) So, I think it's a good way to learn brazilian portuguese. I didn't watch them when I lived in Russia, because really I thought they were really a waste of time. But if you switch the language it will get better! The last one, "Avenida Brasil", is quite good, you can find all the episodes in vkontakte. Also "O Clone", or "Caminho das Indias" are nice. Many brazilians like "A favorita", I haven't seen it yet. Good luck!;)

September 28, 2014

Usually telenovelas are too long and too dull. You have to really love the language to sticky to a telenovela until the final chapter. 

People really say good things about Avenida Brasil, though. 

Besides telenovelas, Rede Globo produces mini series as well. They are shorter, so I think you would enjoy them more. In the next link there is a list (in Portuguese) of all Globo's mini series. You can read the plot and see if any of those interest you. http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Lista_de_miniss%C3%A9ries_da_Rede_Globo

In the past months, TV Globo broadcasted a mini telenovela called O Rebu. A lot of people said to me it was really good, but I didn't watch it. It's the same old story of who killed somebody.

And currently, it's on TV Globo a mini serie called Dupla Identidade, it's kinda Dexter (the american TV serie), but in Brazil. The serie started last week.

I don't know if you will be able to find Portuguese subtitles for any of these shows, though. And keep in mind they were made for Brazilians audiences, so they are not easy either. If you are a beginner, you should try to start with easier materials.

Good luck on your Portuguese learning. 

September 21, 2014

"Avenida Brasil" is a great soap opera, Ellen! We used to say here that some episodes stopped the Brazil. hahaha Other good clue is listening song in Portuguese. Do you know any Brazillian's music or artist?

September 21, 2014

Brazilian soap operas are crap.

Why don't you watch some good documentaries?

October 28, 2014

Sekriet Tropikanka teve muito éxito na Rússia, quando exibido em 1996. O título original: Mulheres de Areia [Womans of Sand]

September 21, 2014
Show more