iLearnlangs
Tribal language

Hi I'm Tami I'm from Indonesia, in Indonesia, there are so many tribal languages, because Indonesia is an archipelago country, it consist about more tha 15,000 islands....

I want to know how many Tribal language in your country? Do you speak in tribal language too? :)

Sep 22, 2014 1:47 PM
Comments · 2

Russia has a lot of minor languages, of course. More than a hundred:) 136 of them have 'endangered' status.

There are something about 12-15 of language families (depends on how to count) if we exclude the families, speakers of which had migrated into Russia wihtin the last 100-150 years, and even more if we didn't exclude them.

and more than 30 of languages with an official status in
regions (Wikipedia gives different numbers in different articles on these:( 35, 37, 27... Well, it doesn't matter). 5 languages with more than 1 million speakers and about

But the dialects of Russian itself were somewhat consumed by literary norm: people (non-lingusts) just don't know in general that dialects exist:)
And they totally don't know that at some distant villages people may speak a really unusual form of Russian, even the one that won't be readily understood.

There's some dialect variations in the literary language. About some of these (some variation in pronunciation) speakers are informed well, but when a speaker meets a dialectiism of which (s)he isn't informed - (s)he immediately calls it 'incorrect Ruissian':)

September 22, 2014

We have more than 100 languages of 11 language groups. Russia has 1 official language (Russian) and about 40 regional languages. Whether a person knows any regional language mostly depends on where he lives. For example, in European part of Russia, people do not speak any languages but Russian and so do I. But the more to the East, the more other languages are used there, although tribal languages are not commonly used. They are considered as a part of the culture and are not used on daily basis.

September 22, 2014