Ana Laura Arfelli
Which food and drink comes from your country?

In Brazil the typical food is rice and beans. We have the "Feijoada" as a famous traditional dish. It´s made of with beans and pork. This dish is served with collard greens, "farofa" a type of flour and oranges.

Sep 22, 2014 9:20 PM
Comments · 4

"Bacałà ała vicentina" /baka'ɰa 'aɰa vi'tʃɛntina/
Stockfish coated with flour and lightly fried in olive oil, then roasted on milk with ground onions, parsley and salted anchovies.

"Sardełe in saor" /'sardeɰe in'saor/
Sardines coated with flour and fried in olive oil, then marinated for some days in stewed onions, vinegar, olive oil, with dried grapes and pine nuts. 

"bigołi in salsa" /'bigoɰi in'salsa/
A kind of 'spaghetti', with a rough texture, flavoured with a sauce of salted anchovies melted in olive oil, ground onions and white wine. 

"spris" /'spris/
Two parts of white still wine (not sparkling at all!) one part of soda and one part of "Select" (in Venice) or "Aperol" (in Padua).

September 23, 2014

There are a lot of different foods that come from the United States depending on the State. Regional foods from my State are mostly traditional German foods: bratwurst, saeurkraut and beer. As the "dairy state" we're also known for our cheese curds - fresh and fried :))

September 22, 2014

Not a food, but a typical dessert from my country is "mote con huesillos": http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mote_con_huesillos ;

September 22, 2014

One food and one drink that comes from this country? Scotland is still part of the UK, so I think the best things to come out of this country are smoked salmon and whisky.

September 22, 2014