[Deleted]
My little trick in learning a language without too much effort:

Hey guys!

I wanted to share my little trick, so here I am.

The trick is ----to change the setting on your phone!

Change the language setting from your first language to your target language.

It's tough in the beginning for sure, but it's VERY effective to pick up some words without even trying.

Also, if you change the language setting, not only does it change the setting on your phone, but also you will get the notifications, results on Google, and many other things in a target language. 

I did this with English when I was in Canada, now I'm doing it with French. So I picked up a lot of French words and most of all, I got used to reading things in French! It's not "an exam" nor "an article to translate" anymore, it's just a part of my life. I feel more comfortable than before reading things in English or French even if I don't understand everything.

I don't know if this works only for me, but I hope this is helpful! Also, my phone is Iphone so I don't know if it works on other phones as well.

Sep 24, 2014 12:34 AM
Comments · 11

I just changed my settings to French....

let's wait and see (or cry :-))

September 24, 2014

Yes that, and in my case, I have learned more vocabulary because my phone shows any results in French! For example, I type "Ronsard" on Google, it doesn't show me the result in Korean, like, "롱사르", since my phone "thinks" I'm French, it shows me "Pierre de Ronsard, poète. Naissance: 11 septembre 1524, ..."

Like this! All in French! So try to play with your phone. But like I said, I don't know if it's the same on other phones.. 

September 26, 2014

Hi Peachey, thanks for sharing your opinion! My phone automatically changes the websites I visit-Google France, Facebook in French, etc. (Even when I write e-mails, it says "Envoyé de mon iPhone" at the end :P)

About the autocorrect thing, I have no idea on this since I set it off.

September 24, 2014

its so funny that your saying this because i literally changed my setting today to french and i can already see improvements. I think that the most crucial thing to learning a language is adapting that target language into your everyday life and to do that requires taking steps like changing the setting on your phones on your televisions and also on your laptops into your target language so that you can start to integrate it into your everyday life. good recommendation :)

September 26, 2014

Your method for learning vocabulary works, but maybe by using this method we could just learn a few words that relate to the applications in our cellphone. 

September 25, 2014
Show more