ramadani wahyu
what do you think about gender and feminist?

i'm literature indonesian student, and i interest in gender and feminist currently, so what do you think about that?

Oct 2, 2014 2:43 PM
Comments · 14

these issues are now vastly overrated. The big issues of feminism have been resolved in its favour already. Feminism became readicalised and does harm to relations between the genders and the fabric of society itself

January 12, 2015

How much of your course covers feminist literature, or feminism in literature? Just asking out of curiosity. I've noticed most comments have taken a general interpretation - not wrong per se, but that may not have been what you were asking.

I see that there's still a serious imbalance of power in regards to gender even in "modern civilised societies", so the issues of feminism are still very much relevant. Changing a few laws doesn't solve the problem.

There's a quote by journalist Helen Lewis which comes to mind: "The comments on any article about feminism justify feminism." I can see this to be true even in this discussion, looking at the examples of "mansplaining" already on the first page.

January 14, 2015

Excuse my bluntness, Mr. Millard, but ARE YOU JOKING?!

Resolved? For whom? Where?

WOW

January 12, 2015

Mr. Millard, wake up!!!
There is no fog in Channel today, continents aren't cut off!

January 12, 2015

Feminism is a movement for the improvement of women's right. It's absolutely not a movement against men! :) Yes, there are extremists, but saying feminists are all like that is the exact same thing as saying all muslims are terrorists, which is nonsense. The cause of feminists is a legitimate cause. Just look around you and you'll see all sort of inequalities concerning genders (lower salaries - 24% less in France -, less political representations, lots of prejudices...etc). Being aware that you don't have the same rights as the others, wouldn't you fight for it? :)

June 23, 2015
Show more