Kenzie
Filipino movies to watch?

Hi, 

I'm just starting to learn Tagalog and really want to start getting used to the sound of it - can anyone recommend some good Filipino movies or TV shows I could watch online?  I'll probably watch with English subtitles to start, but definitely want to start hearing what it sounds like spoken fluently.

Oct 4, 2014 4:42 PM
Comments · 24

Hi Kenzie

I listen or watch the news reports as its often interesting and uptodate.  I have been watchjng some programs on the GMA network as you watch them in catchup as it were.  My fave is biyahe ni drew its a travel reporter who is very funny and there is a fair amojnt of Taglish too.

Hope that helps.

W

October 12, 2014

The movies you would want to watch depend on whether you want to learn formal or colloquial Tagalog. If you are into the proper/formal Tagalog, I would suggest to watch old Tagalog movies directed by Lino Brocka or Peque Gallaga. If you want to learn colloquial Tagalog, you can watch TV series (for something light try I Love You Betty La Fea or the Filipino version of Coffee Prince) or you can watch the news as someone has suggested earlier or movies (I like those movies with John Lloyd in them lol).

Hope that helps. :) 

January 9, 2015

Hi Kenzie!

I suggest you try watching Himala. Nora Aunor starred in that movie and it is recognized internationally so you can watch it with subtitles. It is an all-time great in filipino movies. You can easily find it online.

Enjoy the movie! Have a great time.

December 31, 2014

Hi!

Great suggestio, Wendy, I am a big fan of Byahe ni Drew too :) He is funny and yeah, I love his job. His Tagalog is always conversational and the topics are very interesting. 

October 21, 2014

My Eternal :) (Coco Martin and Julia Montes are the protaagonists)

October 10, 2014
Show more