Misa
Learning Article : The Easiest Way To Learn Hiragana

Discuss the Article : The Easiest Way To Learn Hiragana

<a href='/article/283/the-easiest-way-to-learn-hiragana' target='_blank'>The Easiest Way To Learn Hiragana</a>

Traditional ways of learning aren't always the most effective. Get started in Japanese with this unconventionally quick, easy, and fun way to learn hiragana.

Oct 16, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 29

Here is how I memorized the hiragana: try to briefly memorize them first, but you don't need to be very familiar with them. Then look for a real Japanese passage (it's ok even if it contains kanji), and try to pronounce each hiragana as best as you can. It's ok to check back when you forget, but just keep going. Soon you will remember some of the frequently used ganas such as か、い、うetc. Gradually you will remember all of them without knowing it. This method also works with katakana, but it may be hard to find a passage full of katakana.

January 29, 2015

Now an Anki deck of the complete Hiragana guide + AUDIO + Essential words is READY!
Feel free to download it here : https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/2136150393

Let me know what you think of :) x 

December 14, 2014

コメントありがとう!:) I already uploaded the guide for katakana as well. Check it out too :)

October 18, 2014

Laetitia, you can use a similar system for the Kanji. Many people will recommend Heisigs "Remember the Kanji" and Anki, but you can use a picture/mnemonic based system and an SRS like Anki for the ~230 radicals that make up the kanji instead. After you know the radicals (or complete RTK or RTK like), learning vocabulary using kanji becomes a lot easier.

ミサさんのANKI DECKは素晴らしい!

January 9, 2015

Level 2 : The easiest way to learn kanji ??

October 24, 2014
Show more