Brice M
Same teacher?

Do you think it's better to stick with one teacher or to try different teachers. I have been taking Spanish with a teacher that lives in Spain. Some teachers are cheaper and tempting. I really like that particular teacher because she is so helpful.

What's your thoughts?

Oct 19, 2014 2:20 AM
Comments · 1

Stick with one teacher if they are helping you and the schedule works for you. Your current teacher knows your level and can build on previous lessons.

You can try out other teachers and supplement your current lessons with additional sessions from other teachers. Some teachers have different teaching methods and strengths so you can combine them. You might even find a better teacher at lower price. But I wouldn't advise dropping your current teacher until you've tested out enough lessons from another teacher to compare.

Personally, for French I have my main teacher that I meet with regularly, Monday - Friday on the basics, grammar, vocabulary, etc and I have another teacher I meet with on the weekend for conversational style lessons. For my Russian lessons I have one teacher that I work with monday - friday and I have language partners that I work with on the weekends.

Good luck!

October 19, 2014