Youssef ELHIRAR
Learning Article : Arabic For Beginners: Where To Start

Discuss the Article : Arabic For Beginners: Where To Start

<a href='/article/285/arabic-some-advice-for-beginners' target='_blank'>Arabic For Beginners: Where To Start</a>

Which Arabic dialect should I learn? What about pronunciation and writing? If you are a student just starting to learn Arabic, this article will be perfect for you, providing important tips and advice that will help you successfully move forward with your studies.

Oct 19, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 21
Hi, Marhaban, thank you for the article. what does اللكنات mean? I didn't find the word in any dictionary 
March 6, 2017

Nice article :)

October 19, 2014

hi guys i am also want to learn arabic and english

June 24, 2015

A great article except for some remarks :

you can't understand Quran without a proper understanding grammar

arabic or hebrew where the words change their form depending on their function on the sentence it's a phenomenon in most of the languages:

german(nominative,akkusativ,dative und genetive)

even in english but it disappeared (the door's lock,the student's problem..)

polish ,russian have that too *

it's called declination 

Arabic should be studied for fun because it have great literature and beautiful poetry and a load of whole different culture 

as you said if you are living in a non arabic country it's  better to learn the fusha because it's the origin and it's the one with rules and books 

Dialects keep changing every year and in every 100 km (like in our country marrakech/casa/fez/tangier and ouejda...)

Thank you for the article 

December 30, 2014

Perhaps I did write in a wrong way. I totally agree in what you explained. I wanted to say from my example that Arabic is quiet hard by using the romanization because the marks are related to some grammar rules and the position of words in the sentence. In Chinese, as I learned the tones change in some situations like 3+3 becomes 2+3 or something else. I knew as well that Chinese don't care about the position or conjugation as well, which makes Chinese a special language. I would like to mention something you say very important to the others: Arabic is a fusional language as many other languages (French, Hebrew...) but the unique thing makes Arabic different from all languages is : I'rab (إعراب).

Thanks for your opinion. We appreciate it.

December 9, 2014
Show more
Youssef ELHIRAR
Language Skills
Arabic, Arabic (Maghrebi), Arabic (Modern Standard), Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Japanese, Spanish
Learning Language
Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Spanish