[Deleted]
Esotericism & Occultism

I'd like to compare myself with other fans of the genre (in English),

so as to deepen my current knowledge both in terms of the argument

is to learn better English, with respect to the subject and the specific terms of it.

Oct 20, 2014 9:47 PM
Comments · 4

Yeah, I agree with you, I think religion is a set of beliefs,and it could be labeld as philosophy if it were separated from its dogmatism,and it needs Magic in many ways,but I also think that magic doesn't necessarily need religion.

I think Occultism is an extension of science,I read a book written by a neurophysiologist,it is entitled "Beyond the physical" and the author is Donald DeGracia,it's really interesting,you should definitively check it out!

I also like occult topics,as a matter of fact,Occultism is also one of the topics I read the most.

October 21, 2014

Esotericism comes from the Greek "esoterikos", and it originated the term for the same word in Spanish,French,Italian and even German "esoterisch" and it implies,something which is concealed to a small group of people.

And "occultism" comes from Latin "occultus" which means "hidden" and it is also the source for the same etymologically related word in many Romance and even Germanic languages.

The term occultism refers to the study of what is beyond our ability to perceive through our senses,or also you could say,what is beyond science,something that not even science can measure,the supernatural,etc.

October 21, 2014

What topics do you interesting more about Occultism? :)

October 21, 2014

Yeah we can say that Esotericism and Occultism are two face of the same medal. The main difference of these two concepts lies in the fact the first is a theory, instead second is a practice.But before attempting to define the concepts of esotericism and occultism is therefore necessary to say a few words on the current debate about the definition of Magic. So we ask: where is the line of separation between Religion and Magic?? According to the line of common thought, Religion and Magic can only go forward together: if they separate, religion without magic becomes philosophy, and magic without religion becomes science :))

In any case, mainly esoteric topics the I prefer concern the divine dimension (New Age, principle of duality, Lucifer and fallen angels, cycle of reincarnation, ecc.); and then the soprannatural abilities of man such as telepathy, telekinesis, etc. At last mysteries and Ucronia, wich the secret societes behind the scenes of the world take to hide to people. And you, what do you like?? :)

October 21, 2014