javad
what`s the meaning of " lucky pants"?

what`s the meaning of " lucky pants"?

Oct 22, 2014 3:43 PM
Comments · 7

If someone is wearing their 'lucky pants' they feel especially lucky with a certain pair of underwear on. 

Its almost like a lucky charm, something that gives you luck. 

I have known people to wear their lucky pants when they are going out to bars and clubs and are trying to meet women to 'get lucky', or a footballer would wear his lucky pants if he wanted to score. The term is often used as a joke and people dont often have a specific pair of lucky pants! 

October 22, 2014

Everybody Loves (remember the 's'!) Raymond is a US sitcom.  It would have saved everyone a lot of trouble if you'd told us that in the first place! Context is everything!  Here's the script for the episode in question - 'Lucky Suit'.

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=everybody-loves-raymond&episode=s06e16

He wants to wear his 'lucky suit' for an interview ie the suit that he hopes will bring him luck. But the jacket got ruined, hence the comment 'You're down to your lucky pants'.  This means that all that remains of his lucky suit are the pants (trousers).

October 23, 2014

When written as one word, "luckypants" means a person who is very lucky or fortunate.

Example:   John:  "I just won a thousand dollars in the lottery."  Bill:  "Luckypants!"   In the example, the very informal and slangy word "luckypants" means "You lucky guy."

Another term using "pants" is "smarty-pants" - a person who is annoying because he is conceited, or tries to show everyone else that he is smarter than they are.

October 22, 2014

You've asked this same question in Q and A, and I've just written almost exactly the same answer as SteveB300 has given you here. And similarly, on that page too, an American member said that it just mean a lucky person. I take it this was a British film, Javad? It seems that this is a British expression.

October 22, 2014

It could mean several things.Do you have a sentence or a phrase that could help me to explain it for you?

October 22, 2014
Show more