Rhys
I'm wanting to start learning Japanese, anyone kind enough to answer these questions?

I've been wanting to learn Japanese for a while now. I just love the language the people and the culture! I have programs and such to help me learn, so heres the questions.

1) What is the very first thing I should learn.

2) What are the things I should learn in order.

3) Do you have any Youtube videos or Applications you can suggest to me?

Thanks for reading ^-^

Oct 22, 2014 7:46 PM
Comments · 1

The first thing to learn is the writing system. Learn hiragana, kana, and some basic kanji to get you started and study them at the same time. I also recommend if you have facebook to change the language to Japanese to pick up vocabulary by a simulated immersion.  Also same with you e-mail and internet browser to change it to Japanese once you are ready to do it. If you have twitter you can follow news in Japanese such as Tokyo MX News and Japanese pod 101 to learn more vocab. You can download Skritter app on your phone to help to write in Japanese. Anki and Memerise app is also good to build a vocabulary. Buy a good Japanese-English dictionary or e-dictionary for Japanese on your phone. 

Children's books, manga, newspapers, and magazines are good to entertain you and learn new vocabulary. 

Youtube: Learn Japanese From Zero!-Beginner to Advanced-fun way to learn japanese and it is funny. 

JapaneseJoshi-Beginner to Advance-phrases, basic words, and basic grammar

JapanesePod101.com-Recommend first Beginner to advanced

Rachel & Jun-Advance/colloquial/cultural

Abroadin Japan-Intermediate/colloquial/studytechinques/memorization techniques/cultural

RanAbvideo-Beginner to Advanced-grammar and phrases.

Atsuhiro Nishikata-Beginner to Advanced-grammar/phrases/colloquial/cultural

Listening to music and anime helps out a lot.

Good luck studying Japanese!!

October 22, 2014