woniee
What are common things that is especially( or only) found in your country?

Is there anything you find unique, noticeable, or weird in your country? 

Oct 22, 2014 8:08 PM
Comments · 16

Not sure if this is also found in any other countries. Here in Indonesia, especially in Jakarta you may see some children or teenagers bringing their big umbrella in rainy days. They bring those umbrellas not to keep them dry, but to offer it up to everyone who wants to stay dry in exchange for a little money. Those kids are called 'ojek payung' or umbrella boys although sometimes I see there are some little girls who work as 'ojek payung' too. An ojek payung is not afraid of rain nor sick, they are happy instead when rainy days comes because only during those days that they can earn more money. Once the people take a shelter from an ojek payung, he/she will follows faithfully behind them until they reach their destination. Only after that then the ojek payung will get paid. There is no set rate for that. It all depends on how far the destination the customers may reach and how long they will use the umbrella. However, as far as I know they let the customers decide on how much money they want to give to him/her. Some heartless or stingy people may not want to spend more than one or 2 cents on them. I just think that those kids deserve to get more than that.

October 22, 2014

Oh! Unique things about my country! Lets see:

1. In here honest people are put in jail, while thieves and thugs are best friends with the king and queen. Unique right?

2. When oil prices go down in the rest of the world, they actually raise them here.

3. We also have this special trait about Jordan; If you study and get a degree, the chances to get a decent job is less because they prefer people who didn't study higher degrees so they would never have to pay them better salaries.

4. mmmm what else! Oh and we have 'Petra'; the red rose city that is craved in the rocks and it is one of the world's 7 wonders ;D

October 23, 2014

The size of the territory of Russia probably makes my country unique in a sense. Just try to think how hard it was to refine this cold and huge land and make one of the most powerful country in the history out of it. In the 18th century, Russia was the 3rd largest empire in the Earth's history. Moscow has more billionaires than any other city in the world. Russian cosmonaut was the first human to journey into outer space. Siberia contains more than 25% of the world's forests. The first artificial satellite of Earth was Russian.

October 22, 2014

A lot of people loves traditional dances in my country. I remembered a news. Two man heard a good song in radio while they were driving. Then they stopped the car at highway and they got out. Started to dance. Another car crashed them. They died.

October 22, 2014

In Brazil we have the Pamonha food. It`s a paste made form sweet corn and milk. There is a sweet and savery form. And the savery version can be with minced meat, pepper or served plain. The Pamonha is a typical food if the June Party, a region party wich only happens in the June and have food and a typical dance named square dance.

October 22, 2014
Show more