Coco Zhang
Do you enjoy spicy food?

When I come to Europe, I find that European people seems not into spicy food, comparing spicy, they prefer sweet. And my friend tells me that they just don't like pungent taste. Is this true? I'm crazy about spicy food because in my hometown, most of dishes are in spicy. By the way, do you know Kung Pao chicken?

Oct 23, 2014 12:13 PM
Comments · 8

Yes, I like peppery foods - I like to add chilly to beans and vegetables.

October 23, 2014

luckily i live in a place where u can only find spicy food. Hyderabadi Biryani????

October 23, 2014

Hiya Coco!

If you're in the Netherlands, how about the Indonesian ""rijsttafel" there and other Indonesian food, and the Surinamese food there also uses different spices. Surinamese food was often the cheapest option for me when I was in Amsterdam.

Maybe you could go across to Germany and get the very common "curry wurst" snack, heh heh; or take a ferry to get British "vindaloo" and "chicken tikka"!

October 23, 2014

I like spicy food, but in my country not cooked with spicy. the spicy it's on the table and the people put it in the taste.
in Colombia not all people I like spicy.

I don't eaten kung pao pollo, I would like.

October 23, 2014

I thought Netherlanders had an understated affection for curry. :) The British seem into their curries, probably helped along by their own hot English mustard.

When I lived in central Europe, "spicy" was actually very mild to me. Even Hungarian goulash was not really spicy (but still very yummy!). I ended up cooking spicy meals for myself, just to get that chilli hit. ;)

October 23, 2014
Show more