Barry
MarkZuckerberg 的Facebook流利中文!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTmHtOSqHTk

Oct 23, 2014 2:35 PM
Comments · 7

There was an American writer that said Zuckerberg "speaks Mandarin like a 7 year old with marbles in his mouth", but personally I thought he did a great job. To be able to hold a 30 minute press conference in any other language is impressive. Sure, maybe his pronunciation isn't the greatest but you can obviously see that Chinese people there appreciate the effort he has put forth to learn their language and it will open up a lot of opportunities down the road and allow him to develop some strong relationships in China. I was upset with that writer because most Americans don't even try to learn another language and when anyone is trying and is brave enough to speak in front a room full of native speakers like that, we should support him in his journey.

October 23, 2014

Oh... we were typing our posts at the same time...

I agree with #3. If you know about the establishment and development of Facebook Corporation, through his character (nice or not), he was the "last one standing" in the venture. The same thing could be said about Bill Gates; it was his character (nice or not) that enabled him to make sure that he, and not any possible rivals, was the "last one standing" in the PC operating systems (and office software suite) business.

They are very strong-willed characters - their critics would say "ruthless".

October 26, 2014

However, as his wife was born in Boston, she has lived her entire life in America, so Chinese may or may not be her first language.

I am not sure where he gets his opportunities to practice Mandarin (only in lessons?); but he said before that he used some to speak to Priscilla's grandmother [ http://www.italki.com/discussion/82029 ;].

ALICE: What is reason #3?

October 26, 2014

2. he love Chinese Culture, love Chinese fist master Huo Yuanjia. So intersting is best teacher;

3. his charecotr support him to challege this one of the hardest language. It support him keeping learning when facing the trouble.

So what is your reason to learn another language.

October 26, 2014

agree with Natalie.

Three reason for Zuckerberg to learn Chinese and improve quickly is as follow:

1. to get marry with a Chinese wife and keep speaking Chinese in front of him. So language evoroment is so important;

2. He love 

October 26, 2014
Show more