Patri Alv F
Unemployment

I'm from Spain and, here, the situation is bleak. When young people finish their university studies, they haven't opportunities to work, to get experience. The first thought is to go out to another country.
I don't understand why the companies reject young people because they don't have experience. If you'll not let him into the company, he'll never have experience.
What is the situation in your country?

Oct 24, 2014 10:54 AM
Comments · 13

Starting work only after you get adult age for me isn't a good idea. You've studied, but have no experience in anything. That's too bad. It's a bad concept you cannot work when you're teen. In Finland, for example, children learn basic professional skills since they are in the primary school.

October 24, 2014

We have a similar situation but we don't go to other countries, many people prefer to change professions. I dont see any solution yet.

October 24, 2014

In Turkey, A lot of company use unemployment for cheap labor, especially inexperienced. 45 Hour for working time in a week in law. But a lot of firms don't apply that.

October 24, 2014

Hola Paty, it's a current topic and it is the story of my life too. The first thing I can say is that we (young) have to change the way we consider the job market. I mean permanet employment doesn't exist anymore and so we must change paradigm. Globalization has changed everything. 

But don't worry we are all on the same boat :)

I've got the flu but I promise I'll post a more complete comment in these days :)

October 24, 2014

We have the same problem in the US. There aren't very many jobs as it is, so people with no experience are usually not even considered for most jobs. Want ads are usually very specific. They'll say "At least 5 years experience required. No experience - don't apply" or something like that. It's a very difficult situation, especially if you've just spent $50,000 getting a college degree. 

October 24, 2014
Show more