Amera Eid
MSA songs!

Hello Everybody,

What do you think about the Arabic songs, especially MSA songs? 

Have you tried beofre to listen to MSA songs? 

If you are in the intermediate level, try to listen to this song and please give me your feedback and what do you think about using songs for learning or practice listening to MSA?

A song in MSA by Majida El Roumi

كُنْ صَدِيْقِى .

كَمْ جَمِيْلٌ لَوْ بَقَيْنَا أَصْدِقَاءْ

إِنَّ كُلَ امْرَأَةٍ تَحْتَاجُ إِلَى كَفِّ صَدِيْق

كُنْ صَدِيْقِى

كُنْ صَدِيْقِى

هِوَايَاتِى صَغِيْرَة

واهْتِمَامَاتِى صَغِيْرَة

وَطُمُوحِى أَنْ أَمْشِي سَاعَاتٍ مَعَكْ

تَحْتَ الْمَطَر ..

عِنْدَمَا يَسْكُنُنِى الْحُزْنُ، وَيُبْكِني الوَتَر

فَلِمَاذَا تَهْتَمُّ بِشَكْلِى؟

وَلاَ تُدْرِكُ عَقْلِى ؟

كُنْ صَدِيْقِى

كُنْ صَدِيْقِى

أَنَا محْتَاجَةٌ جِدًا لِمِيْنَاءِ سَلَامْ

وَأنَا مُتْعَبَةٌ

أنَا مُتْعَبَةٌ مِنْ قِصِص العِشْقِ وَأخْبَارِ الغَرَام

فَتَكَلَّم

تَكَلَّم

لمَاذا تَنْسَى حِينَ تَلْقَانِي نِصْفَ الكَلام

وَلِمَاذَا تَهْتَمُّ بِشَكْلِى؟

وَلاَ تُدْرِكُ عَقْلِى ؟

كُنْ صَدِيْقِى

لَيْسَ فِى الْأَمْرِ انْتِقَاصٌ لِلرِّجُوْلَهْ

غَيْرَ أَنَّ الشَّرْقِىَّ لَا يَرْضَى بِدَوْرٍ

غَيْرَ أَدْوَارِ الْبُطُولَة

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX7lhQNkAmo

Oct 29, 2014 9:59 PM
Comments · 13

This was very nice and helpful

الف شكر. جزاك الله خيرا

In general, I'd say that songs and movies are the most effective way to learn languages because of the way they provide sufficent repetion without driving you crazy, or making you fall asleep.

I have been looking for a book that has something more interesting as examples than the usual dialogues which can be rather mind-numbing at times. I have not found one yet. That is why I use the animation movie Kung Fu Panda as my learning resource. It is in Fusha Arabic and the movie actually gets better the more I watch it.

About learning Fusha first, I completely agree that it's where one should start learning Arabic, but I believe the reason why so many foreigners who study Arabic say they are interested in learning dialects is that it gets annoying, after years of study, to not be able to understand anything when actual Arabs speak it. Furthermore, it is easy enough to learn Fusha from books (they exist in abundance) but learning dialects requires immersion in the target region, or a very patient and serious teacher. More and more emphasis is therefore been given to dialects and it is possible to find some books with CD's or DVD's that concentrate on the different dialects, but I have yet to find a good book that covers everything one needs to know in oreder to understand native speakers.

The problem with using songs and movies to produce more interesting learning materials is of course intellectual property rights, and publishing houses are required to produce their own content instead of using popular culture and art that students might find more interesting.

If anybody actually reads this far and wants to be Kung Fu Panda partners, just let me know and we'll find a way to not infringe too much on Disney's copyrights. I have the movie in Arabic, English, French, and Finnish (and we might be able to share audio only on youtube etc.)

November 9, 2014

اختياار جيد جدااااا ماشاء الله 
اللغة العربية الفصحى هي اساس تعلم اللغة العربية وانا اعتقد انها تفيد الطلاب الاجانب كثيرا في تعلم اللغة  بسهولة 

October 30, 2014

نعم أنا أحب إسمي (,")

Amera, I believe such a song would help them a LOT to be honest. First, it's in MSA and I believe the best way to learn Arabic is through MSA first. Second: songs and poetry in general are excellent ways to learn, this is how I taught myself English, the more I listen to something that is actually interesting in the target language "even watching a good movie", the more I get to know new words and then start using them in my writing or speaking.

But I liked your choice a lot, because it's a real good quality of poetry that is possible to understand, so whether they read the words or hear the song, they will get to enjoy and learn at the same time:)

October 29, 2014

songs in MSA are the best ..

i like majida el roumi a lot ..!

especially عيناكَ ليالي صيفية

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbAtV02E988

June 6, 2015

I am Egyptian and i don't undersatand this accent.

Why MSA songs is like that , It's terrible :3 

June 5, 2015
Show more