Fantom
Fake accounts?

Hello, friends!
I am still thinking of why people avoid communication by Skype.
How do you think whether there are fake accounts on italki?
I heard that people made fake accounts on different chats because they didn't want to be recognised.
Then I thought to myself what if people here who "don't have Skype" or "don't use Skype" or anything else are just fake? They want only to be penpals (I mean only writing). No realtime (face-to-face) communications.
Moreover, it is very strange when someone wants to improve speech doesn't use Skype. They all want to be friends on italki.
Look at these phrases. "Plz don't ask my messanger", "I don't use Skype", "I am very shy for Skype", "I am not always online", "It doesn't work for me"
Who has another examples for "avoiding phrases"?
I don't want to be right, I want to believe there are some real people here.

Oct 31, 2014 8:30 PM
Comments · 25

Some people just want to improve their writing. The have a right to choose not to speak via Skype. Therefore, they are real persons but they have their own reasons and we should respect that.

October 31, 2014

I am 100% real too... :-)

Why should I give somebody my Skype? Before online sessions I would like to know a little bit more about a person. Writing for a while before Skype is a good idea.

November 1, 2014

Я согласна с Masha. Мой Skype не для всех, это такая же личная информация, как номер телефона. Я сама выбираю, с кем мне говорить.

November 2, 2014

Эдуард, as I remember you didn't answer to one lady who sent you a message about language exchange. It seems her nickname is Sonia. She sent you Skype and you didn't respond her.

Yeah...it's hard to find a confederate )

November 1, 2014

Из моего опыта - я только начала учить испанский (месяц с хвостиком) и не готова к полному обмену языками через Скаип. Я разговаривала 4 раза с разными носителями испанского по Скайпу. Это очень здорово в отношении "встречи" с новыми людьми, но когда через час разговора ты понимаешь, что КПД не очень-то высок, а время потрачено много, то в следующий раз подумаешь про Скайп. Иногда легче сначала практиковаться через короткие письменные сообщения - есть время подумать, однако ты не обязан раговаривать полчаса или час. НО мне кажется, что здесь очень много людей, готовых общаться по Скайпу - может надо keep looking:-) There is always a possibility of people creating fake accounts, but I believe that it is not the case on italki. Cheers

October 31, 2014
Show more