фрай
Supernatural series <3 Hi, dear fans of this great series) I' ve been watching it for a couple of years already, not that I'm trying to prolong the pleasure, I just rewatch some of the greatest series. And there are lots of them, you know:) what I was about to say is that watching series is one of the best ways to learn English, the language is vivid there, and rather metaphoric. I' ve already written here, in my italki notebook that I study at the linguistic university. And I must say that one of the main drawbacks, that prevent the students from studying modern English, is that the most part of our study material is outdated, some of the books are from 1980. That's a real catastrophe. I don't understand our teachers, there are so many wonderful textbooks of the XXI century:)) why not study them? Well, closer to the point) I'd really like you to give me a piece of advice. I wonder whether there some other nice series, especially british, because I'd like to develop a British accent) but don't offer Sherlock please))
Jan 25, 2014 12:53 PM

Supernatural series <3

Hi, dear fans of this great series) I' ve been watching it for a couple of years already, not that I'm trying to prolong the pleasure, I just rewatch some of the greatest episodes. And there are lots of them, you know:) what I was about to say is that watching series is one of the best ways to learn English, the language is vivid there, and rather metaphoric.
I' ve already written here, in my italki notebook that I study at the linguistic university. And I must say that one of the main drawbacks of the curriculum, that prevents [one is singular] the students from studying modern English, is that for the most part of our study material is outdated, some of the books are from 1980. That's a real catastrophe. I don't understand our teachers, there are so many wonderful textbooks of from the XXI century:)) why not study them?
Well, closer to the point) I'd really like you to give me a piece of advice. I wonder whether there are some other nice series, especially British, because I'd like to develop a British accent) but don't offer Sherlock please))

Supernatural series <3

Hi, dear fans of this great series) I' ve been watching it for a couple of years already, not that I'm trying to prolong the pleasure, I just rewatch some of the greatest series. And there are lots of them, you know:) what I was about to say is that watching series is one of the best ways to learn English, the language is vivid there, and rather metaphoric.
I' ve already written here, in my italki notebook that I study at the linguistic university. And I must say that one of the main drawbacks, that prevent the students from studying modern English, is that the most part of our study material is outdated, some of the books are from 1980. That's a real catastrophe. I don't understand our teachers, there are so many wonderful textbooks of the XXI century:)) why not studying them? 
Well, closer to the point) I'd really like you to give me a piece of advice. I wonder whether there some other nice series, especially british, because I'd like to develop the British accent) but don't offer Sherlock ,please))

Supernatural series <3

I' ve already written here, in my italki notebook that I study at the linguistic university. And I must say that one of the main drawbacks, that prevent the students from studying modern English, is that the most part of our study material is outdated, some of the books are from 1980. That's a real catastrophe. I don't understand our teachers, there are so many wonderful textbooks of the XXI century:)) why not study them?
Well, closer to the point) I'd really like you to give me a piece of advice. I wonder whether there some other nice series, especially british, because I'd like to develop a British accent) but don't offer Sherlock please))

I can correct this if you want though it is a bit old now. I suspect you consider it to be old hat. The best way to acquire a British accent is to turn off the TV and turn on the radio. BBC Radio 4 is eclectic. You will definitely find all sorts of things there: things you will hate, of course, but, I'm sure, things you will find surprising. One of my favourites is "just a minute". Try this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ht9ZJ4XuE . ????

Ó Brian, yes, I know, Sherlock is everywhere:) I've tried watching it a couple of times, but it's not my kind of thing. I'm interested in it only from the point of view of the language.
Why not Sherlock? There are many great shows from Britain, what sort of shows do you like? If there is a specific genre you enjoy I'd be happy to suggest some for you! ’80's material is not too bad, but I guess they wont have sime new colloquial words. Although anything older than the 1970’s is probably a bit too old and would miss out a lot of modern things.