Jessica
The fair of pig Today is the eighth day of the first lunar month and is the last day of Spring Festival in my hometown. Although it was freezing outside and the weather was bad, I got up very early and happily this morning for a fair. It's a fair about pig, called 赛大猪( I don't know how to say it in English. hmm...The fair of pig? Could I call it like that?), and it was somewhat similar to the temple fair. The fair of pig began at eight o'clock with firecrackers rang up, a pig that was slaughtered was placed on the shelf. Then there were several middle-aged men lifted the shelf with a pig on it up and to show around our town. Because our town has 25 villages, there were 25 pigs. Apart from these pigs, in the procession, there were flower-drum team, orchestra and dragon dance. About tow hours later, these pigs with shelves were placed in a temple. And after that, we selected the largest and most perfect pig from them. So the village that owns this pig would get the first place. No prizes, but happy talks and laughters is just enough^^. Finally, the climax part of this fair was Shaoxing Opera(越剧,one kind of Opera which came from Zhejiang Province, China.) show, it would be lasted for 7 days. Because the performance will be held in every afternoon and in the evening, I might go to see Shaoxing Opera tonight with my mama and take some pictures to show you guys. Oh, I need to say, compared with Beijing Opera, Shaoxing Opera is entirely different! After a while, it was drizzling looks like pieces of thread from sky, dense and soft. However, no one was under the weather in such a lively atmosphere. I nearly forget to say that, the reason why we celebrated the fair of pig is to pray. Pray to God for a harvest new year!
Feb 7, 2014 8:06 AM
1

The fair of pig*

Today is the eighth day of the first lunar month and is the last day of Spring Festival in my hometown. Although it was freezing outside and the weather was bad, I got up very early and happily this morning for a fair. It's a fair about pigs, called 赛大猪( I don't know how to say it in English. hmm...The fair of pig? Could I call it like that?), and it was somewhat similar to the temple fair.

The fair of pig began at eight o'clock with firecrackers rang up going off, a pig that was slaughtered was placed on the shelf. Then there were several middle-aged men who lifted the shelf with a pig on it up and to showed it around our town. Because our town has 25 villages neighbourhoods, there were 25 pigs. Apart from these pigs, in the procession, there were a flower-drum team, orchestra and a dragon dance. About towo hours later, these pigs with shelves were placed in a temple. And after that, we selected the largest and most perfect pig from them. So the village that owns this pig would get the first place. No prizes, but happy talks and laughters is just enough^^. Finally, the climax part of this fair was Shaoxing Opera(越剧,one kind of Opera which came from Zhejiang Province, China.) show, it which  would be lasted for 7 days. Because the performance will be held in every afternoon and in the evening, I might go to see Shaoxing Opera tonight with my mama and take some pictures to show you guys. Oh, I need to say, compared with Beijing Opera, Shaoxing Opera is entirely different!

After a while, it was drizzling which looks like pieces of thread from the sky, dense and soft. However, no one was under the weather in such a lively atmosphere. I nearly forget to say that, the reason why we celebrated the fair of pig is to pray. Pray to God for a harvest new year!

<em>*I would have said 'Pig fair'. </em>

<em>I like the use of / play on words of 'under the weather'.</em>

<em>I live in Spain and here there are a lot of 'pig fairs'. But only to eat the pigs.</em>

In my country, South Africa, we don't have any festivals like you do in China. Our country is not old enough I suppose. Your description of the rain like pieces of thread from the sky is really good. Keep up the hard work