Diego Recabarren
En Miami se respira el español. / Miami breathes Spanish. I am a spanish lover and I always like to know where spanish is spoken around the world. One of the places where spanish is popular is Miami. But most of the people speak spanish in miami? If I just know spanish ,is it posible to go to any place either restaurants, clothes stores or supermarkets and take for granted that they are going to know spanish?. I want to know how useful spanish is in Miami. Thanks in advanced
1

Hi Diego,

In Miami, it IS possible to get by without knowing Englishif you are in a Spanish speaking neighbourhood. Miami is a Cuban city even thouigh it's located in the USA.

En Miami se respira el español. / Miami breathes [it sounds strange to say breathes. You could say "oozes"] Spanish.

I am a Spanish language lover [Spanish lover would be Don Juan] and I always like to know where Spanish is spoken around the world. One of the places where Spanish is popular is Miami. But Do most of the people in Miami speak Spanish in miami? If I just only know spanish, is it posible to go to any place either restaurants, clothes stores or supermarkets and take for granted that they are going to will know Spanish? In essence, I want to know how useful Spanish is in Miami. Thanks in advanced.

En Miami se respira el español. / Miami breathes Spanish.

I am a love spanish lover and I always would like to know where Spanish (in English, Spanish is capitalized) is spoken around the world. One of the places where Spanish is popular is Miami. But Do most of the people speak Spanish in Miami? If I just know Spanish ,is it possible to go to any restaurants, clothes clothing stores or supermarkets and take for granted that they are going to know Spanish? I want to know how useful Spanish is in Miami. Thanks in advanced.

Hola, Diego. Mi esposo viaje a Miami una vez. Él digo que habia tan mucho espanol que él no podria pedir una hamburguesa en ingles! Ninguna parte! Eso es todo yo sé. Buena suerte! 

I am a spanish lover of all things Spanish and I always like to know where Spanish is spoken around the world.  One of the places where spanish is popular is Miami, but do most of the people speak Spanish in Miami?  If I just only know Spanish, is it posible to go to any place either anywhere, for example, restaurants, clothes stores or supermarkets, and take for granted that they are going to know Spanish?  I want to know how useful Spanish is in Miami. Thanks in advance.

Hey Diego -- You can totally get by in Miami if you only speak Spanish. They're gonna speak with a Caribbean accent though (which is unusually hard to understand when you're just starting to learn Spanish, but you probably don't have that problem). And there are other places in the US where you could get by with just Spanish, too. Most of southern California, actually (Los Angeles, San Diego, Long Beach...); Houston, El Paso, and San Antonio, Texas; Tuscan, Arizona. Lots of Spanish here in America. :-)