Isabel
A TV show review. Practice for the CAE exam! :) The Strain Review It is true that you can find many vampire TV shows, which are growing in popularity throughout the years, but is also true that the purpose of almost all of them is to show a romantic story where vampires are the main characters. However, The Strain focuses in a different perspective, where vampires are terrible monsters that are spreading along New York City. In addition, these vampires are becoming real due to a type of disease produced by an ancient vampire who has reached the USA. Now, the main characters have to fight against this enemy in order to save humanity. Originality of this TV show Although these TV shows could be similar in plot and developing, The Strain is quite different from the typical vampire stories. Firstly, we could talk about the aspect of the vampires, which are represented by ugly and monstrous faces, with a large tongue that they use to kill their victims, instead of the typical fangs found in any vampire story. Secondly, we found the approach made by the creator, Guillermo del Toro, which is focused on a psychological development hardly seen in other TV shows. The aim of The Strain Apparently, the creator of this drama wanted to prepare a TV show where the vampires were as terrifying as possible, and in my opinion, he has achieved it. From that point, he wanted to create an adult plot, adding a spectacular atmosphere which could provoke a total immersion within the story. Recommendations and achievements of this TV show In my humble opinion, this TV show totally achieves its goal, creating a marvellous environment, with extraordinary characters living in a dreadful place. I totally recommend this magnificent story to anyone who wants to feel either frightened or fulfilled with an incredible plot.
1

A TV show review. Practice for the CAE exam! :)

The Strain Review

It is true that you can find many vampire TV shows, which are growing in popularity throughout the years (this implies past tense, so which have grown), but is also true that the purpose (theme would be better) of almost all of them is to show a romantic story where vampires are the main characters. However, The Strain focuses on a different perspective, where vampires are terrible monsters that are spreading along New York City. In addition, these vampires are becoming real (?) due to a type of disease produced by an ancient vampire who has reached the USA. Now, the main characters have to fight against this enemy in order to save humanity.

Originality of this TV show

Although these TV shows could be similar in plot and developing (not sure what you mean here), The Strain is quite different from the typical vampire stories. Firstly, we could talk about the (physical) aspect of the vampires, which are represented by ugly and monstrous faces, with a large tongue that they use to kill their victims instead of the typical fangs found in other vampire stories. Secondly, we (we?) found ( or you mean we find ) the approach made <em>taken</em> by the creator, Guillermo del Toro, which is focused on a psychological development hardly seen in other TV shows.

The aim of The Strain

Apparently, the creator of this drama wanted to prepare a TV show where the vampires were as terrifying as possible, and in my opinion, he has achieved it. From that point, he wanted to create an adult plot, adding a spectacular atmosphere which could provoke a total immersion within the story.

Recommendations and achievements of this TV show

In my humble opinion, this TV show totally achieves its goal, creating a marvellous environment, with extraordinary characters living in a dreadful place. I totally recommend this magnificent story to anyone who wants to feel either frightened or fulfilled with an incredible plot.

Thanks, i was thinking to watch this show