Olesya
A little about Russia You know Russia is a very big country and that’s why it’s very different country. I will start from Siberia. Yes, there are cold, sometimes -40-45 in winter, but summer is hot. +30, +35. And the rains are very seldom there. I was living in Siberia for 15 years. You know there is the deepest lake in the world Baikal. So I was there about 5 times. And I can say it’s really beautiful. The water is crystal and the lake is surrounded with pine-apples. And the smell is amazing there. Of course I don’t mean tourist areas. Honestly, people sometimes remind me pigs. They leave too much of rubbish. So I prefer to stay far from tourist areas. And I want to notice that there are two races living in that part of Siberia where I lived – Russians and Buryats and also there are two religions: Orthodoxy and Buddhism. So that’s why I don’t belong to any of them. I’ve finished the school in Siberia and then removed to Nizhny Novgorod. It’s about 4 hours by high-speed train from Moscow. It’s a big city, the 5th city in the country. There are two large rivers. And also the city is very old. It was founded in 1221. And one time it was the capital of the country. And it takes a great place in Russian history. It’s really amazing when you’re going along the street and understand that many years ago one of your favorite writers was living in one of the houses or when you’re standing at the square and understand that long-long time ago Minin and Pozharsky gathered people together in THAT place to defend the country. So I’m still living in Nizhny Novgorod. But here I have more possibilities for travelling around the country. The next city I visited was Anapa – it’s near the Black sea. People speak so funny there. It’s Russian, but pronunciation reminds Ukrainian. Then I want to tell about St-Petersburg. It was founded much later than Nizhny Novgorod in 1703. And I think it’s the only city in the country where they save old buildings and old view of the city. And to addition St-Petersburg is considered as the cultural capital of Russia. And finally Moscow. The capital of Russia. I spent there 3 days in spring with my friend. We went to the concert of Canadian singer together. It was wonderful! I must notice that it’s very fast city and very crowded. So it’s much better to go somewhere by metro, than by car or by bus. Really sometimes you can go somewhere by foot faster than by car.