Marco
Life now is better than it was 100 years ago Nowadays our life is really different from that of our ancestors. Most of our predecessors had to face everyday difficulties correlated with the lack of technology. For example, peasants had to work the soil using rudimental tools while today they have the possibility to use tractors and other machines in agricolture. This gave birth to an enormous enhancing of the production of food from the ground that is now avalaible for a largest part of the world population. The great discoveries in medicine, in particular that of antibiotics, allowed to consistently fight infective diseases reducing their mortality. Diseases like pneumonia that were the cause of death of many people are now for the most part treated appropriately worldwide with the simple use of some drugs. The presence of efficacious transports allows the people to move from one part of the world to another in an easiest way than many years ago. One hundred of years ago people from Europe went to America using ships employing one month to reach the coasts of the New Wold. Now using an aircraft your trip would last only ten hours or less. The presence of computers in the present era improved significantly the way of communication, and it makes possible the exchange of information from one part of the planet to another in real time. One hundred of years ago you had to write traditional letters that were delivered in weeks while now your e-mails are visualized by your adressee immediately after just one click of the mouse. In conclusion I think that technology has really improved our life that is really better than one hundred of years ago.
3

Life now is better than it was 100 years ago

Nowadays our life is really different from that of our ancestors. Most of our predecessors had to face everyday difficulties  correlated with  corresponding to  the lack of technology. For example, peasants had to work the soil using  rudimental  rudimentary  tools while today they have the possibility to use tractors and other machines in  agricolture  agriculture. This gave birth to an enormous  enhancing of  increase in  the production of food from the ground that is now  avalaible  available   for  to  a  largest  large  part of the world's  population. The great discoveries in medicine, in particular that of antibiotics,  allowed to consistently  allows the constant  fight  against   infective  infectious  diseases,  reducing  their  the  mortality  rate. Diseases like pneumonia that were the cause of death  of  for  many people are now,  for the most part,  treated appropriately worldwide with the simple use of  some  drugs. The presence of  efficacious transports  efficient transport  allows  the  people to move from one part of the world to another  in an easiest way  more easily  than many years ago. One hundred  of  years ago people from Europe went to America using ships,   employing  requiring  one month to reach the coasts of the New  Wold  World. Now,  using an aircraft,   your  the  trip would last only ten hours or less. The presence of computers in the present era  has  improved significantly the way of communication, and it makes possible the exchange of information from one part of the planet to another in real time. One hundred  of  years ago you had to write traditional letters that were delivered in weeks while now  your  e-mails are  visualized  delivered   by your adressee  immediately  after just one click of the mouse. In conclusion,  I think that technology has really improved our life  that is really  which is  better  now  than one hundred  of  years ago.

Great article, Marco. Although I agree with you to a certain extent, I also have a different view of how said luxuries have contributed to our demise in other ways. Let's chat about it... (smile) As for Alister, excellent job correcting Marco's note. Cheers