Shayla
Grammar help for Mandarin sentence I'm trying to explain what I do for a living. I have a few vocabulary words, but don't know how to turn them into a sentence. I haven't figured out how to do accents yet, so this will be extra cryptic. "Wo shi jing li hua yan." In English it would be more specific too. "I work as a manager at a Classical Chinese Garden."
1

Grammar help for Mandarin sentence

I'm trying to explain what I do for a living. I have a few vocabulary words, but don't know how to turn them into a sentence. I haven't figured out how to do accents yet, so this will be extra cryptic.

"Wo shi jing li hua yan."

In English it would be more specific too. "I work as a manager at a Classical Chinese Garden."

我在一个中国古典花園做經理.     I work as a manager at a Classical Chinese Garden.

我的工作是中国古典花園的經理.  My work is being a manager at a Classical Chinese Garden.

我是个中国古典花園的經理.  I am a manager for a Classical Chinese Garden.

Grammar help for Mandarin sentence

"Wo shi jing li hua yan."

我是中国古典花园的经理。   I work as a manager at a Classical Chinese Garden. 

You may be supposed to use some chinese characters rather than Pinyin. 

In general, to make sentences, use "shi" to connect the subject with an object or state/name/class (I am a student, I am Jenny), and skip the "shi" and use "hen" (very) for simple adjectives (it is good = tā hen hao, weather is cold = tianqi hen leng)
in china PinYin is not used as the alternative of Hanzi, chinese ideograph. it can only help people to pronounce unfamiliar Hanzi. so if you write in PinYin only, no one can help you to correct your chinese sentence.