Becca
Empty So, my life changed in a drastically way last week on Monday. I broke up with my long term boyfriend of 9 months and even though I didn't felt any strong feelings towards him any more, I broke down in tears. The feeling of never able to talk to him, discuss my feelings with him or hug him anymore shattered my heart. When I'm writing this I'm having tears in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I really don't feel any love towards him anymore but I just lost my best friend. Every time when I do something, I think "I have to tell [insert name] about it!" and when I realize I can't I feel so empty.
3

I'm goint to base my comments on the below correction:

Some more notes:

1. You can also say "in a drastic way" but drastically is better. Remember when you have a word ending in -ly that's an adverb (meaning it describes a verb). So X-ly already means in an X way. This is tricky because you don't have that in dutch really, the -ly is the closest to words ending in -end

2. Didn't feel, this is another stupid english thing. When you have the negation with "didn't" you have to go back to the full verb. In old english it was like dutch, "he felt not..." "hij voelde niet...", but alas in modern english you can do that no longer =/

3. Be able- it's always BE + ABLE. When we don't have to verb for a specific action in english we usually use the construction of BE/HAVE + NOUN. E.g. you have the verb "to bathe" but you can also say "to have a bath" In dutch, once again it's easy you just have the verb kunnen, but there is no "to can" in english.

4. Continuous vs present "i am having': wow so confusing, because normally you would use the continuous tense in this situation describing the current situation, e.g. you would say "I AM crying," right so why not "i am having tears in my eyes"??? Makes no sense! All I can say is that "I am having" is ALWAYS to describe something you are experiencing or partaking in. Examples:
I am having fun
I am having/taking a bath
I am having trouble
I am having people come up to me everyday telling me how smart I am! (true story)

So just try to remember, NEVER say "i am having" or "you/we are having" to describe having something in the present tense, only to describe partaking in something. Then only time you can say "I am having tears" is if you are drinking delicious salty tears, every other case it's I have.

I have my keys! Let's go!
I have a tattoo

Interesting usage point: if you say "you are having" trouble that means you are experiencing problems currently, but you say " I have trouble (with x)" then that's a recurring issue.

Hope that helps!

Oh and sorry about your troubles! You'll get through it!

1

Empty

So, my life changed in a drastically way last week on Monday. I broke up with my long term boyfriend of 9 months and even though I didn't felt feel any strong feelings towards him any more, I broke down in tears. The feeling of never being able to talk to him, discuss my feelings with him or hug him anymore shattered my heart. When While I'm writing this, I'm having I have tears in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I really don't feel any love towards him anymore but I just lost my best friend. Every time when I do something, I think, "I have to tell [insert name] about it!" and when I realize I can't, I feel so empty.

It's a tough time to be going through but it seems you have a healthy attitude. Well done with your English too!

Love is blind. But it is part of life. I am sorry. :(
I doubt there is much I can say to make thing easier, but know it will get better in time. "Sadness flies away on the wings of time." Jean de La Fontaine. Chin up x
Oh, I don't know how to say to you. So, sorry.