Shabnam
IELTS TASK 2: (29). The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities Question: The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need of people to travel from home for work, educating and shopping. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Answer: Although one of the approaches by which the level of traffic in urban areas could be reduced is decreasing the need people for travelling, I do not agree that it is the solely method of the point of view. The need of individuals to travel for their daily duties could be replaced by other methods which lead to less traffic jam. These days, for example, it can be observed that online shopping is becoming common among societies and people’s lifestyle. Besides working from home, such as online businesses or handling works by development of technologies like telecommunications are new aspects of advancement n technology which allow people to travel less and cause less traffic. However, it lasts time this approaches to adapt for working and educating from home. There are several other measures which can be done by governments to control traffic levels. One of the measures is to improve public transport system in cities and as a result the number of cars in the streets would decrease which will help to reduce traffic congestion. In addition to this, government could inform people about the effects of using cars on environment. In this way people will cooperate with government while they know about high qualified public transport and harmful effects of cars’ fume. Another approach for government to take place is to set some rules for using personal cars by people, especially in the areas in which traffic is a main problem. For example, using cars in inner cities could be banned and travelling could be done just by public transport or by cycling. Another good example is setting some rules for paying for car parking which lead people to use their cars less. In short, in my opinion, it could be one approach to provide people convenient ways by which they need less travelling, however maybe this approach would not work or be provided in next decades. Of course, there are several steps which can be taken by governments such as improving public transport and roads, or setting some rules for using cars.
1

IELTS TASK 2: (29). The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities

Question:

The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need of people to travel from home for work, educating and shopping. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Answer:

Although one of the approaches by which the level of traffic in urban areas could be reduced is decreasing the need people for travelling, I do not agree that it is the sole method of solving the problem.

The need of individuals to travel for their daily duties could be replaced by other methods which lead to fewer traffic jams. These days, for example, it can be observed that online shopping is becoming common among societies and people’s lifestyles. Working from home using technologies like telecommuting allow people to travel less and cause less traffic. (1) However, it takes time for people to adapt to working and learning from home.

There are several other measures which can be done by governments to control traffic levels. One of them is to improve public transport systems in cities and as a result the number of cars in the streets would decrease. which will help to reduce traffic congestion. (2) In addition to this, government could inform people about the effects of using cars on the environment. In this way people will cooperate with the government while they learn about highly qualified public transport and the harmful effects of car fumes.

Another approach for government to take place is to set some rules for using personal cars by people, especially in the areas in which traffic density is a main problem. For example, using cars in inner cities could be banned and travelling could be done only by public transport or by cycling. Another good example is setting some rules for paying for car parking which will lead people to use their cars less.

In short, in my opinion, one approach could be to provide people convenient ways by which they need to travel less, but maybe this approach would not work, or could not be provided in the next decades. Of course, there are several steps which can be taken by governments such as improving public transport and roads, or setting new rules for using cars.

(1) This sentence was awkward because it was too long and unfocused. I rewrote it to be more direct.

(2) Redundant