Pascale
Les parapluies de Cherbourg * (The umbrellas of Cherbourg) Last thursday I went to the theater with my husband et my daughter to see a musical called "Les parapluies de Cherbourg". Initially it was a movie directed by Jacques Demy which was rewarded with a gold palm in Cannes (the French Riviera festival) in 1964. I saw this movie when I was a child and kept a very good memory of it. It is a thwarted love story at the early sixties. The main role was played by Catherine Deneuve who was very young and beautiful and became later a famous actress. All the dialogues are sang in this movie and the music composer is Michel Legrand. I wanted to share a piece of the French cinema with my daughter and was curious to see what it looks like as a musical. The show was thrilling. Michel Legrand himself who is now a very old man was the director of the orchestra. The orchestra stood at the back of the stage but occupied the two third of the stage whereas the comedians-singers were at the front. The stage set was minimalist with some drawings of Sempé ( French cartoonist) to represent the places where the action takes place. The two female singers in the roles of Geneviève and her mother were absolutly perfect. It was respectively a young unknown seenteen years old woman (Marie Oppert) and the famous French soprano Nathalie Dessaix. Marie Oppert was so beautiful, so fresh and her voice so clear that I have had chills. The young singer who played the role of Genieve's lover was less good. His voice sounded sometimes unpleasant and unnatural. It is quite a pity because the rest of the distribution was great. I was very moved at the middle of the show when Genenieve lover's has to go to war and at the End when they meet by chance several years laters each one settled down in their own life. The tune of the separation and the impossible reunion is insistent and heartbreaking. It was a wonderfull evening full of admiration, emotion and nostalgy. * Cherboug is a town in the north west of France
1

Les parapluies de Cherbourg * (The umbrellas of Cherbourg)

Last thursday I went to the theater with my husband and my daughter to see a musical called "Les parapluies de Cherbourg". Originally, it was a movie directed by Jacques Demy which was rewarded with a awared the golden palm in Cannes (the French Riviera festival) in 1964. I saw the movie when I was a child and had a fond memory of it. It is a thwarted love story set in the early sixties. The main role was played by Catherine Deneuve who at the time was a very young and beautiful actress and who later became a famousactress The entire dialogue in the movie is sang and the music composer is Michel Legrand. I wanted to share a piece of the French cinema with my daughter and was curious to see what it looks like as a musical. The show was thrilling. Michel Legrand himself, who is now a very old man, was the director of the orchestra. The orchestra was at the back of the stage, but occupied occupying two thirds of the stage whereas the comedians and singers were at the front. The stage set was minimalist with some drawings of Sempé (French cartoonist) to represent the places where the action takes place. The two female singers in the roles of Geneviève and her mother were absolutly perfect. Geneviève was played by respectively a young and unknown sixteen years old woman actress ( , Marie Oppert) and the famous French soprano Nathalie Dessaix played the mother. Marie Oppert was so beautiful, so fresh and her voice was so clear that I have had chills. Unfortunately, the young singer who played the role of Genieve's lover wasn't as good. less good. His Her voice at times sounded sometimes unpleasant and unnatural. It is quite a pity because the rest of the distribution cast or ensemble was great. I was very moved at in the middle of the show when Genenieve Geneviève's lover's has to go to war and then again several years later at the End end of the musical when they meet by chance, several years laters each one settled down in their own life. The tune theme of the separation and the impossible miraculous reunion is insistent touching and heartbreaking. It was a wonderfull wonderful evening full of admiration, emotion and nostalgy nostalgia.

* Cherboug is a town in the north west of France

Last Thursday I went to the theater with my husband et and my daughter to see a musical called "Les parapluies de Cherbourg". Initially it was a movie directed by Jacques Demy which was rewarded with a gold palm in Cannes (the French Riviera festival) in 1964. I saw this movie when I was a child and have kept a very good memories of it. It is a thwarted love story set in at the early sixties. The main role was played by Catherine Deneuve who was very young and beautiful. and  She later became later a famous actress. All the dialogues are sang is sung in this movie and the music composer is Michel Legrand. I wanted to share a piece of the French cinema with my daughter and was curious to see what it looks like as a musical. The show was thrilling. Michel Legrand himself who is now a very old man was the director of the orchestra. The orchestra stood at the back of the stage but occupied the two third of the stage whereas while the comedians-singers (this isn't quite right, do you mean "comedians and singers" or "comedic-singers") were at the front. The stage set was minimalist with some drawings of Sempé (a French cartoonist) to represent the places where the action takes place. The two female singers in the roles of Geneviève and her mother were absolutly perfect. It was respectively a young unknown seenteen years old woman (Marie Oppert) and the famous French soprano Nathalie Dessaix. Marie Oppert was so beautiful, so fresh and her voice so clear that it gave me the  I have had chills. The young singer who played the role of Genieve's lover was less good. At times his voice sounded  sometimes unpleasant and unnatural. It is quite a pity because the rest of the distribution production was great. I was very moved at in the middle of the show when Genenieve lover's has to go to war and at the end when they meet by chance several years laters each one settled down in their own life. The tune of the separation and the impossible reunion is insistent  poignant and heartbreaking. It was a wonderfull evening full of admiration, emotion and nostalgy nostalgia. 

This read really well, just a few small corrections. I would be very happy to chat on Skype if you would like to improve your spoken English. I'm currently learning French!