Jay Buggam
estaba vs. estuve hola todas ! cuando usar estaba o estuve? no entiendo estos palabras
2

estaba vs estuve

¡Hola a todos!

¿Cuándo usar estaba o estuve? no entiendo esas palabras

"estaba" is in "copretérito", "Copretérito" is used to express that an action is in past, but you doesn't explain if this action was finished, you can used to express an action that was happen in the same time that other actions, also to express an action oppositive to the present or affability.

"estuve" is in "pretérito", is like simple past in English, to express an action is in past and this action finished. 

Examples:

Yo estuve enferma la semana pasada. (to express an action finished).

Yo estaba enferma enferma mientras tú estabas en la fiesta (to express an action was happen in the same time).

Mi hermano estaba fascinado con el espectáculo de delfines. (you can't explain if the action finished).

I hope, it can help you :) 

1

estaba vs. estuve

¡Hola a todas !

¿Cuándo usar estaba o estuve? No entiendo estas palabras.

1

Estaba vs. estuve

¡Hola a todas!

Hi Jay...The first tense indicates that the action is completed. The second indicates that an action started, but didn't end, when the next action took place. Estuve is somewhat simpler. It is the past tense. Example: Estuve en clase (ayer, anoche, hace tres meses, anteayer.etc.) It means that it is in the past. That's it. It happened. Estaba is used to indicate that a past action is continuing or it was in progress during the time of the action. Example. Estaba en la casa cuando ( me llamaron, empezó a llover, etc.) The fact that you were in the house didn't change or end because you received a phone call or it started to rain. Another example of the verb tense with a different verb would be: Leí el periódico. Leía el periódico. The first one means that you read the book. You finished at the time you made the statement or you finished at the time you were referring to. The second means that you were reading the book but it doesn't mean that the action is complete. Like, I was reading when she called. The second tense has other uses as well. It can translate to "used to" as in English. For example: Cantaba todos los dias. It translates to "I used to sing everyday." Hope this helps..

estaba vs. estuve

hola a todas !

cuando usar estaba o estuve? no entiendo esas palabras