Paula
Learning English Hi everyone! This is the first time I write here, I logged in yesterday and I really think that italki is an amazing website to learn lenguages. I started to learn English at school since I was 6 or 8 years old -I don't remember when exactly- and then I kept learning English taking intensive courses when I was at univerity. However, I realize that the method which is used to teach English in Spain is not good at all, because Spanish people are studing English all their lives but we can't speak English fluenty. So I decided to study by my own a year ago and I have learnt more English than all my life, specially pronuntiation, listening and comprehension. The internet is plenty of resourses to learn anything! Now I have to improve my speaking and I hope to make it in this website, although I'm sheepish and it's hard for me.
2

Learning English

Hi everyone!
This is the first time I am writing here. I logged in yesterday and I really think that italki is an amazing website for learning languages.
I started to learn English at school when I was 6 or 8 years old -I don't remember when exactly- and then I kept learning English taking intensive courses when I was at the university. However, I realized that the method which is used to teach English in Spain is not good at all, because although Spanish people study English all their lives, but we can't speak English fluently. So a year ago I decided to study on my own a year ago and I have learnt more English since then than ever before in my life, especially regarding pronunciation, listening and comprehension. The internet has plenty of resourses for learning anything!
Now I have to improve my speaking and I hope to do so in this website, although I'm sheepish (?) and it's hard for me.

Welcome to iTalki!  I hope you find plenty of partners to practice speaking.

I'm not sure what you mean by the word "sheepish". Perhaps you mean "shy"?

Learning English

Hi everyone!
This is the first time I have writen anything here, I logged in yesterday and I really think that italki is an amazing website for learning languages.
I started to learn English at school when I was 6 or 8 years old -I don't remember when exactly- and then I kept learning English taking intensive courses when I was at university. However, I realize that the method which is used to teach English in Spain is not good enough, because Spanish people are study English all their lives but we can't speak English fluently. So a year ago I decided to study on my own a year ago and I have learnt more English than in all my previous years put together, especially the pronuntiation, listening and comprehension. The internet has plenty of resourses for learning anything!
Now I have to improve my speaking and I hope to achieve it through this website, although I'm shy and it's hard for me.

Well done.

You can also say ''I have been learning English since I was 6 or 8 years old''

Thank you very much Ruthi! Nice to meet you too, if you need help with your Spanish please feel free to ask :)
Hi Paula nice to meet you! I think your English is pretty good actually.