Shabnam
IELTS TASK 2: (33). Parents or Schools? Please help me with corrections. Thanks a million Question: Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Answer: To educate children to be good members of society, both parents and schools have to take responsibility; however, some people believe that it is parents’ duty and others consider it as schools’ responsibility. On one hand, parents are those who are in contact with children from the birth and as a result they are the first teachers affecting children’s behavior. In earlier years of children’ lives, parents are their patterns for acting, so if they could set a good example for them, the children’s behavior would be according to their patterns. Parents in different countries with various cultures and religious have to teach their children the norm of the society and how to obey the rules and acceptable behavior to be good members of their societies. On the other hand, the role of schools is undeniable. Schools are the places where children learn how to communicate with the new community including peers and teachers and how to deal with them and the rules. In fact, schools play an important role in educating children while provide them a new environment as a small society which prepare them for the future and the bigger society. Children learn to make friends and struggle with new situation while they are leaning to obey the rules of school. Besides, teachers are responsible for guiding children to do their best in acting and behaving appropriate. In short, in my opinion, either schools or parents are into account to teach children to be good members in their societies and follow the norms and the rules. it is each person’s responsibility to try to teach new generations towards good behavior in order to make a better society and the future.
1

IELTS TASK 2: (33). Parents or Schools? Please help me with corrections. Thanks a million

Question:
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Answer:
To educate children to be good members of society, both parents and schools have to take responsibility; however, some people believe that it is parents’ duty and others consider it as the schools’ responsibility.
On one hand, parents are those who are in contact with children from the birth and as a result they are the first teachers affecting children’s behavior. In earlier years of children’s lives, parents are their role models for acting, so if they could set a good example for them, the children’s behavior would be according to their example. Parents in different countries with various cultures and religions have to teach their children the norms of the society and how to obey the rules and acceptable behavior to be good members of their societies.
On the other hand, the role of schools is undeniable. Schools are the places where children learn how to communicate with the larger community including peers and teachers and how to deal with them and the rules. In fact, schools play an important role in educating children while provide them a new environment as a small society which prepares them for the future and the bigger society. Children learn to make friends and struggle with new situations while they are leaning to obey the rules of school. Besides, teachers are responsible for guiding children to do their best in acting and behaving appropriately.
In short, in my opinion, both schools and parents (1) are accountable for teach children to be good members of their societies and follow the norms and the rules. it is each person’s responsibility to try to teach new generations towards good behavior in order to make a better society for the future.

(1) It seems clear from your previous paragraph that you meant "both school and parents" rather than one or the other.

Thank you so much dear Velala. It is Ielts essay and so we have to just talk about both sides and it is not important what we think. We have to discuss both sides and answer base on the question. Anyway thanks
Hi Shabnam. I agree with you. First of all, it is the parents duty to teach or educate their children how to behave socially or to know their responsibilities. May be they are busy or not they should spend some time with their children and teach them good manners or good habits and make a friendly environment. Even if the environment is good for the children to grow, they can learn by themselves. So, it is necessary and must for the parents to make their children socially good. Whereas, schools plays a slight role in improving their behavior. They may teach you verbally but practically it is not possible always. As everybody know, when anything comes into practically then only a person can understand very well. This applies to children also.