Paulo Ribeiro
Professional Teacher
My goals on the 2014 October's language chalenge I have decide to write this entry with the intent of setting my goals for the 2014 October's language challenge and at the same time an opportunity to have my writing corrected. I have just read an article about setting SMART goals. According to it, my goal should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound, that is, it need to be too much general. I need to be able to know easily if I had accomplished it by the end of the challenge.It must be something not too difficult, but at the same time, something meaningful to me. And last but not less important, it need to be done by the end of the month. I have been studying English for a long time,and I don't feel I am improving much . I think my English level is upper intermediate. My goal,by the end of this month, is to speak without so many pauses. It is really hard to me to speak fluently, because I need to stop in the middle of a sentence to think about the words I need to use next. I will try to focus in simple topics, like describing the weather, my job, and going to the restaurant.

My goals on the 2014 October's language chalenge

I have decided to write this entry with the intent of setting my goals for the 2014 October's language challenge and at the same time take/use an opportunity to have my writing corrected.

I have just read an article about setting SMART goals. According to it, my goal should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound. That is, it need to cannot be too much general. I need to be able to know easily if I had accomplished it by the end of the challenge. It must be something not too difficult, but at the same time, something meaningful to me. And last but not less least,important, it needs to be done by the end of the month.

I have been studying English for a long time, and I don't feel I am improving much. I think my English level is upperintermediate. My goal, by the end of this month, is to speak without so many pauses. It is really hard to for me to speak fluently, because I need to stop in the middle of a sentence to think about the words I need to use next.

I will try to focus in on simple topics, like describing the weather, my job, and going to the restaurant.

Good luck!